HP29C Low battery
06-30-2016, 02:03 AM
HP29C Low battery
Hi all,

I finally managed to get the HP67 emulator fully working both PC and electronic versions.

Along with the Classics, it now emulates the HP21, 25, 27 and 29C models. The 29C continuous memory is working on the PC emulator and continues on where it left off after turning the power switch off, restarting the emulator or from changing calculator models. The electronic emulator doesn't have the continuous memory mode yet because the PCB will need a modification which I will do when I get home.

The 29C low power indicator in program mode is supposed to be decimal point flashing between the program step number and the program code. Does anyone know which digit it appears on?

Raining again here so still delayed getting home, but will upload when I can if anyone wants to try them out.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2016, 04:06 AM
RE: HP29C Low battery
I've tried all the existing models, except the 65 & find them quite interesting.

Would be happy to try the newer models; especially since your products appear to be based on the genuine HP microcode.

Informational item:

My system runs Vista Home Premium and had installation problems. They were minor and had a typical, easy workaround.

Sometimes execution of an installation program from a file view (i.e. click on the icon) fails for rather ambiguous reasons. Instead open a DOS prompt change to the directory where the downloaded install modules reside. Then execute each installation module manually as you would any .exe:

cd c:\teenex\
cce33setup

The installation window will pop up. At that point simply follow the procedure from the graphical interface, just as if you clicked on the .exe icon to begin with.

Don't know why, but have found with many (and I mean many) programs that are not "officially" certified for my version of Windows, this will work. I assume it has something to do with the program environment set up as a result of executing in a DOS environment.

I have used numerous versions of Windows over the years and have found this often works.
07-01-2016, 01:50 AM
(06-30-2016 02:03 AM)teenix Wrote:  The 29C low power indicator in program mode is supposed to be decimal point flashing between the program step number and the program code. Does anyone know which digit it appears on?

Looks like the decimal point on the third digit from the left on mine.

Code:

In Program Mode:
00 .

In Run Mode:

Hope that helps!
07-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply. I was off by 1 digit.

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)