How can I get rid of this software update???
06-14-2016, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2016 11:02 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
How can I get rid of this software update???
As you can see my Android now has a broken corner - which remains broken in HP Prime calculator. It's not just a screen display error, if I tap the face a screen pops up, rendering ESC and CAS keys difficult to use (although you can switch to portrait orientation to see which keys are obscured).

Hint: Facebook have recently decided to stop Android users from accessing Facebook messages unless they activate messenger... So I am guessing messenger thinks it is running on a dedicated faceBook toy, not a multipurpose device.

Perhaps I will get used to switching to portrait every time I want to hit ESC - But if not, how do I get rid of Messenger? Even if it does cripple Facebook

For those users that like the permanent face, it might be worth thinking of changing the key layout on the Android emulator.

Update: The Android status shows "Chat heads active" - but with no obvious way of making the heads inactive. I haven't tried killing the task yet.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: How can I get rid of this software update???
I dont have Facebook, but i kinda remember that moving the face by touching and dragging is possible. I also think that my girlfriend removed it by moving it somewhere in the lower center of the screen.
Find all posts by this user
06-14-2016, 02:35 PM
(06-14-2016 01:49 PM)damaltor Wrote:  I dont have Facebook, but i kinda remember that moving the face by touching and dragging is possible. I also think that my girlfriend removed it by moving it somewhere in the lower center of the screen.

Thanks! That allows you to move the face around the edge.
Even better, whilst dragging an X pops up - drag the face to that and the face disappears!
I wonder how long for???
I understand Messenger "continually updates contacts", which is one reason I wasnt using it before. Anybody know how many millibytes of my data allowance I will have left for my own use?

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Not a lot, I fear. The data allowance is for various third parties to suck your phone dry of private information. Any remaining megabytes get fed to pop-up adverts. Your needs come third.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)