Hp-50 remembers all previous graphed functions
06-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Hp-50 remembers all previous graphed functions
Hi,

When I do graphing by pressing Y= and entering an equation, the equations seems to be stored because the counter keeps increasing (i.e. it started with Y(1) = whatever you want to graph, and now it's Y(130) = whatever you want to graph).

If I press "Choose" from the Y= page it will list all the previous graphs I have entered and let me choose a previous one.

Is there a way to not have this functionality? The calculator seems to have to be busy for a while before graphing a new equations so it takes longer - and I don't usually need previous graphs.

I have looked through the FLAGS and CAS and DISP settings but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2016, 11:29 PM
RE: Hp-50 remembers all previous graphed functions
You must purge variables Y1, Y2,...Y130. Press VAR button, there are all variables. You can see all these variables in File manager, press left shift, then files,... find and purge unnecessary variables.
06-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Also it is directory dependant what I can remember, so if you might have in directory A 130 graphs and in directory B 33 graphs as an example. Like Voldemar said the filemanager is the best way to get rid of them. If you use graph mode a lot then maybe userRPL program to clean the graphs. One good way is to use specific directory for graphing and then just purge whole directory and create a new one at times.
06-06-2016, 07:49 PM
(06-05-2016 02:48 PM)Vtile Wrote:  ... so if you might have in directory A 130 graphs and in directory B 33 graphs as an example... One good way is to use specific directory for graphing and then just purge whole directory and create a new one at times.

Not necessary to purge the whole directory. Just open this directory in file manager, for example, there are 130 variables (graphs)... Press and hold ENTER key, all variables will be selected, press PURGE, press ALL.
06-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone. I was able to delete the variables through the file manager. Thank you.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)