Upgrade Didn't Work
05-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Upgrade Didn't Work
I successfully upgraded the new CK and VC to the latest release. When I tried the firmware for the Prime, the following happened;
The Prime connected and started the upgrade and went through the three stages of loading the new firmware. When "Done" was displayed on my PC screen the calculator screen went blank. I waited for about 30 seconds and nothing happened. The prime will not turn on. I tried the various reset methods and I can't get any communication or display with the device. I verified the USB port with other non HP devices and USB comm is good. I replaced the battery with a new one that measured 3.87 Vdc. I still am unable to get any comm. The only thing different with this upgrade and the last two from 2015, & 2015 is two weeks ago I upgraded to Widows 10. The bottom line as I see it is that all elements of the complete system were working before the upgrade (PC, CK & Prime), and when the upgrade finished I lost the PC-Prime comm link. I went to the HP support site but could not even find a phone number to call support. Please if anyone knows of any way to re-establish comm with my PC I would greatly appreciate it and a Ph. number for HP support for US Florida.

Thanks,
minus1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Upgrade Didn't Work
Update on "Upgrade Didn't Work"
1) I validated the USB cable was good for both data transmission and power by connecting the HP power adapter and usb cable to a Samsung Galaxy S2 and verified battery charging and data transmission on the same USB port I was using before. I was able to charge the old battery and look at files on my Samsung S2. At this point the Prime was still dead.
2) I then deleted the new 2016 CK from my PC and re-installed the CK from 2015.
3) I started the CK from 2015 and then connected to the Prime via the same USB port.
4) When the CK said connecting to.... I pressed the reset in the rear of the Prime and this brought the Prime back to life.
5) I then deleted the 2015 CK and installed the new 2016 CK and updated the Prime again to the current version 10077.

regards,
minus1
05-27-2016, 02:01 AM
RE: Upgrade Didn't Work
Hi!, minus1:

You needed, first uninstall, from the PC, the installed Firmware, prevoius of 10077.
Can use Advanced Uninstaller PRO, free download, from ... http://www.advanceduninstaller.com
Clean register's, cookies, temp files, etc ...

Now, download and install in the PC, the ultimate version, Software 10077, of Firmware, Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator. Then, from Connectivity kit download the ultimate Firmware in your Hp PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR.

Kind Regards.
informach.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)