HP Prime problem. Calculator resetting itself
05-26-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: HP Prime problem. Calculator resetting itself
(05-26-2016 09:28 AM)Michael K-K Wrote:  With the previous version everything went fine, the calculator was very stable. Maybe downgrading?

You can always downgrade if you'd like. I'm rather perplexed at the behavior you report...

Look inside you "HP Connectivity Kit\temp" directory and will probably see a zip with the last firmware. Replace those files into the \firmware directory and run an update again.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2016, 04:04 PM
I tried to deinstal and reinstal the CK, the Virtual Calculator, downloaded the firmware via ftp and tried to reinstal ist on the Prime. First it stuck again after reaching 100% and the message that the update was successful. I waited for about 5 minutes, then paperclipped the Prime. FW is 10077.

After that I deleted the files in \firmware and replaced with the manually downloaded ones and tried to upgrade again but there was no upgrade available...

Testing the Prime - it crashed after a few calculations.
05-27-2016, 05:04 PM
I now downgraded back to 8151 and the Prime is stable again.
Before that I tried the new method for installing the latest firmware which went fine. At first the calculator seemed stable, but after a while it crashed repeatedly and at random and then every time I tried to reach home from CAS.

Dear Tim,
in case this is interesting enough to look into it just let me know what information i can provide.

Thanks for the help.

Michael
05-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Problem seems to be solved!
I gave it a last try after downgrading to 8151 I did a format C and then upgraded to 10077. And now it is stable, still testing it since yesterday but so far only three crashes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)