New CK: Crash on Restore
04-29-2016, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 11:39 PM by John Colvin.)
New CK: Crash on Restore
I attempted to do a restore of my zipped backup files with the latest HP Connectivity Kit, but the CK crashed both with the real Prime and the Prime emulator. Anyone else have this problem? Running on Windows 7 64-bit Professional.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2016, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 01:32 AM by informach.)
RE: New CK: Crash on Restore
Hi!, John Colvin:

You have to uninstall the previous version that you have installed. You can use, for uninstall, optimize performance and many others operations, with, the free tool ... Advanced Uninstaller PRO, from ... http://www.advanceduninstaller.com
Then install, the Firmware, Connectivity Kit and Virtual Emulator, Version 10077. Just in case, i leave the address ... http://ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

In this address you can dowload and install ...
HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20160414.zip 9.1 MB 20/4/16 21:02:00
HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_20160414.exe 39.7 MB 25/4/16 17:41:00
HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_2016_04_14.exe 111 MB 25/4/16 17:00:00

Kind Regards.
informach.
04-30-2016, 04:26 AM
(04-30-2016 01:29 AM)informach Wrote:  Hi!, John Colvin:

You have to uninstall the previous version that you have installed. You can use, for uninstall, optimize performance and many others operations, with, the free tool ... Advanced Uninstaller PRO, from ... http://www.advanceduninstaller.com
Then install, the Firmware, Connectivity Kit and Virtual Emulator, Version 10077. Just in case, i leave the address ... http://ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

In this address you can dowload and install ...
HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20160414.zip 9.1 MB 20/4/16 21:02:00
HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_20160414.exe 39.7 MB 25/4/16 17:41:00
HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_2016_04_14.exe 111 MB 25/4/16 17:00:00

Kind Regards.
informach.

No previous version was installed. I am using the latest firmware on both the real Prime and the Prime emulator.
04-30-2016, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 01:01 PM by informach.)
Hi!, John Colvin:

All newsly Firmware, connectivity kit and Virtual Calculator, indicates, for download from, the link ftp, run OK.
If you have problem, uninstall all and reinstall, newsly.
I have HP Omni PC120 1026la, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits and installed and run, OK.

What is this the version installed, in your Real HP PRIME. See, from Help + Tree + About HP PRIME ?.

If you have problem, with connection, in your device, with USB port, please, check, with this link ...
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04674521

Try, with this method ...
Once the connectivity kit is installed, update the calculator.

The following method is recommended:

Thank you, BartdB (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators...901/page/2).

1) Connect your HP Prime calculator, with the supplied USB cable (directly connected, do not use a USB hub).
2) Run, the HP Connectivity Kit.
3) Click, in the Calculator tab.
4) Right-click, the name of the HP Prime, you wish to update (it would be the one you connected before, starting, this procedure).
5) Make, a note of the version number and then click, the OK button.
6) Click on, the Help Menu and select Check, for update.
7) Check, for update pop-up box, check version number, that it is newer, than the one, you wish to update.
8) Then click, download button.
9) That's it, you'll see, on the screen, of your calculator, the update being loaded and installed. Don't click too fast, to get out, of the HP Connectivity Kit, wait a minute or so after completion.
10) Also, there is a step in the Connectivity Kit where it is advised to back-up the version you had before you run the procedure, just in case. That way you have a way to re-cover.

Kind Regards.
informach.
04-30-2016, 07:05 PM
The problem is the CK, not my Prime. As I stated in my previous post, my Prime has the most recent firmware version (10077) and the emulator is the latest version. The fact that the crash occurs with either the real Prime or the Prime emulator indicates to me that the CK is where the problem lies.
04-30-2016, 07:28 PM
Hi!, John Colvin:

Sorry, if you do not understand you, but if you have problems with CK, uninstall and install again, from the site indicated.

Kind Regards.
informach.
04-30-2016, 09:35 PM
(04-30-2016 07:28 PM)informach Wrote:  Hi!, John Colvin:

Sorry, if you do not understand you, but if you have problems with CK, uninstall and install again, from the site indicated.

Kind Regards.
informach.
Can you explain why I need that tool to uninstall the CK? I did an uninstall via Control Panel and reinstalled the CK.
05-01-2016, 01:46 AM
Hi!, John Colvin:

Many times, the uninstall files are stored waste, in register's, it is best, to delete them. If you want, you can use CCleaner (free) or, even better Advanced Uninstaller PRO (free) or, REVO Uninstaller PRO (not free). Of course, this is IMHO.

Kind Regards.
informach.
05-01-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 04:51 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Couple of thoughts here:

1. Your connkit version is reporting as the latest? (rule out any installation strangeness)
2. Are you amenable to sending me this specific backup? That will at least either help determine if there is a problem with a file in the backup (or the connkit), or if the problem is something specific to you system. (calchelp at hp.com will get to me, or a private email though this forum)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-01-2016, 07:33 PM
(05-01-2016 04:50 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Couple of thoughts here:

1. Your connkit version is reporting as the latest? (rule out any installation strangeness)
2. Are you amenable to sending me this specific backup? That will at least either help determine if there is a problem with a file in the backup (or the connkit), or if the problem is something specific to you system. (calchelp at hp.com will get to me, or a private email though this forum)
Thank you for your response Tim.

To answer your first question: Build 2016 4 14 Rev. 10077

As to your second question, I will send you the backup zipped file, but I now believe that the file is corrupted, causing the crash. I generated the backup while updating to the latest firmware using the new CK. In the process of installing the new firmware, I was prompted to perform a backup which I did using the 'backup' button on the dialog box. Today, I created a new backup of files on the Prime emulator and I was able to restore it without a crash.

John Colvin
05-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Hi!, John Colvin:

The USB cable connector, is very important, for recognize, the driver.
You needed purchase, any for high velocity not < to 6' (~1.80mts.).
You can, see, the image, for one, the best Brand.

Kind Regards.
informach.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-02-2016, 06:31 AM
Hello,

HP(tm) uses a special plating on USB cable called USBHP(tm) which took over 10 decades to develop by the HP(tm) labs(tm)! And guaranties the BEST possible USB connection.

This plating, uses a high level of the little known HPiumium(tm) element which is the key to an outstanding level of USB connection never seen before!

With HPiumium(tm) platted connectors, your USB device will enumerate faster! run faster! use less power and solve world hunger(tm)!

HP strongly advise all it's user to ONLY use HPiumium(tm) connectors for all USB connections!

HPiumium(tm) connectors are available in the HP(tm) store(tm), starting at the unbelievably low price of $199.99 for the 4" cable and going all the way to $1999.99 for the incredible 25' cable!

Cyrille

PS: THIS IS OF COURSE A HUMORISTIC POST AND SHOULD BE READ AS SUCH!
PS2: I DO NOT SPEAK FOR HP WHEN POSTING HERE!

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
05-02-2016, 08:49 AM
You guys remind me of the sales people at Best Buy-trying to sell me a cable I don't need at a ridiculously inflated price. Smile
05-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Never had problems with communications in Chinese smartphones, I did not even need to know nothing about connecting them to the computer. All perfectly worked under the management of Windows not dependently neither from a version of android nor from the version of Windows. It reminds to me the purchase of "Sharp CE - 300L Data Transfer Cable" for $25 + $$ for shipping, which costs no more than $2 that one can DIY. Is the use of CK-Prime requires some special courses? :-))
05-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Smile Smile Smile Good one!

It reminds me of the Hi-Fi audio cables: That is a subject taken very seriously by the aficionados.

(05-02-2016 06:31 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

HP(tm) uses a special plating on USB cable called USBHP(tm) which took over 10 decades to develop by the HP(tm) labs(tm)! And guaranties the BEST possible USB connection.

This plating, uses a high level of the little known HPiumium(tm) element which is the key to an outstanding level of USB connection never seen before!

With HPiumium(tm) platted connectors, your USB device will enumerate faster! run faster! use less power and solve world hunger(tm)!

HP strongly advise all it's user to ONLY use HPiumium(tm) connectors for all USB connections!

HPiumium(tm) connectors are available in the HP(tm) store(tm), starting at the unbelievably low price of $199.99 for the 4" cable and going all the way to $1999.99 for the incredible 25' cable!

Cyrille

PS: THIS IS OF COURSE A HUMORISTIC POST AND SHOULD BE READ AS SUCH!
PS2: I DO NOT SPEAK FOR HP WHEN POSTING HERE!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

05-02-2016, 03:29 PM
(05-02-2016 06:31 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  HP(tm) uses a special plating on USB cable called USBHP(tm) which took over 10 decades to develop by the HP(tm) labs(tm)!

In fact, my most reliable cable is the one that came with the Prime, for powering the raspberry pi, BBB, prime, phone, etc... with that rubber thing I can easily identify it in a sea of piss poor cheap chinese usb cables that don't work quite good all the time.

HPiumium does wonders in my experience.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
I have not done any updates so far and really wonder if I'd be better off leaving everything as is. My current Prime runs great and has not crashed even once since the last update nearly a year ago. Sometimes it's better to leave sleeping dogs lie.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)