VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE r10077 FOR HP PRIME UPDATE
04-28-2016, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 06:25 PM by ndzied1.)
RE: VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE r10077 FOR HP PRIME UPDATE
In the market there has to be a balance between new features and fixing bugs.

The best thing hp could have done (AND DID) in my opinion was to get the prime approved on standardized tests. They / We need the sales generated by students to keep moving the train that is the calculator group down the tracks. They are the group that changes every year and will constantly need devices to help them take the tests.

Having something "new" is the best tool for marketing when going after this sector of the market for hp (again my opinion) since it is up against such an entrenched alternative (TI). TI invested decades ago by spending the time and effort to get into the textbooks as examples and you have to hand it to them, it has worked out very well. But they are stagnant because of this and that's where always being able to say you have something new is valuable.

Of course, fix the bugs, make things work better; but without the sales the whole thing is done anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2016, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 06:31 PM by Archanus.)
Exactly dear people Sad

We would like to HP Team release a "bug fixes" firmware as soon as possible Sad

I hope a new firmware with bugs "killed" might "see the light" soon Sad I won't like to be afraid in a exam, because I trust in my calculator. And obviously in my mind Smile

We do not want to wait almost a year for a firmware :'( Sad
04-28-2016, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 08:25 PM by Dirk.nl.)
My following text is not meant negatively!

The whole world can read this forum, the whole world will know that there are still (many?) bugs present in the Prime.
HP should worry about that. HP should, in my opinion, forget reorganizations and mobilize all available software engineers to solve as soon as possible all bugs and give updates, for example, every two weeks or every month. After all bugs are repaired additional additives can be made.
Yes, maybe this is a little step back in development but, I think, the number of bugs are to many.
An official statement from HP would be appreciated, after all we are the customers.

The Prime is such a beautiful calculator that it is very important to make it bugs free.
But I still love my Prime and I appreciate the support of Tim, Cyrille, Parisse, Han and all others!

— Dirk Hartland
04-28-2016, 08:35 PM
(04-28-2016 08:24 PM)Dirk.nl Wrote:  My following text is not meant negatively!

The Prime is such a beautiful calculator that it is very important to make it bugs free.
But I still love my Prime and I appreciate the support of Tim, Cyrille, Parisse, Han and all others!

and this Team is qualified to maintain the Prime bugs free but also to empower it with enhancements and new ideas. I like both things Smile

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Hi Salvomic,

Do you know how big the team is? How many software engineers are working every day 8 hours a day to keep the Prime bug free? HP is a very big company, but it takes nearly a year for the last update! For HP it must be possible with a full team with enough people to make the Prime bugs free in one month, I think. But, when the team is just a few people working a few hours a week on the Prime? Works all team members for HP? Maybe HP can say it.

— Dirk Hartland
04-28-2016, 09:20 PM
(04-28-2016 09:15 PM)Dirk.nl Wrote:  Hi Salvomic,

Do you know how big the team is? How many software engineers are working every day 8 hours a day to keep the Prime bug free? HP is a very big company, but it takes nearly a year for the last update! For HP it must be possible with a full team with enough people to make the Prime bugs free in one month, I think. But, when the team is just a few people working a few hours a week on the Prime? Works all team members for HP? Maybe HP can say it.

yes, I agree. The Team maybe should increase, indeed...

salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
04-28-2016, 10:10 PM

The team is probably quite small to deliver this kind of improvements over a year. This could be bad in terms of being disposable as a business for HP. In my opinion, younger people will not even consider the idea of having a "single purpose" device like a graphical calculator in the future if this is not enforced directly by the educational system.

Maybe is time to think different strategies, offloading the overhead by opening the languages and other components may seem like a good idea to keep the world of calculators alive.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
04-29-2016, 03:20 AM
We hope that soon we can hear good news about the HP Calc Team & of course our HP Prime

As the post above say, maybe the HP company is worry about new changes and not to improve the quality of the products.

I have a HP Envy and It's so sad that the Audio Codec is IDT and not Realtek. IDT is a company that is broken and its sound it's mediocre.

The problem is Not the Prime Developers, is the Company.
05-01-2016, 04:50 PM
(04-28-2016 09:20 PM)salvomic Wrote:  

yes, I agree. The Team maybe should increase, indeed...

salvo

Agree. The calculator division at HP deserves way more from the company. The wonderful work Tim and company does justifies it.
05-01-2016, 04:53 PM
A general question: if someone's calculator wasn't able to update and the reset methods wouldn't work, is there a contact email/phone number they can call? I had one person who tried to update their calculator but it was bricked. Thank you.

Eddie
05-01-2016, 05:25 PM
The HP support line.

However, normally just holding down SYMB, plugging in the USB cable (at which point you will see the "recovery mode" screen), and then opening the connkit and letting it try again will fix it. That is all the support line will have people do.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-01-2016, 06:46 PM
(05-01-2016 05:25 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The HP support line.

However, normally just holding down SYMB, plugging in the USB cable (at which point you will see the "recovery mode" screen), and then opening the connkit and letting it try again will fix it. That is all the support line will have people do.

Thank you Tim!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)