VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE r10077 FOR HP PRIME UPDATE
04-27-2016, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2016 02:01 AM by John P.)
VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE r10077 FOR HP PRIME UPDATE
[/b]I am very disappointed with your latest update for the HP Prime r10077. The Connectivity applications sometimes crashes without any reason and when it doesn't it takes ~13% of the CPU time doing nothing. Many of my programs stopped working and I don't even feel like debugging them because probably with the next 'update' they would stop working again. I wish that you at HP Prime Group took the updates more seriously. I will stop at that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2016, 02:37 AM
RE: VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE r10077 FOR HP PRIME UPDATE
(04-27-2016 01:58 AM)John P Wrote:  [/b]I am very disappointed with your latest update for the HP Prime r10077. The Connectivity applications sometimes crashes without any reason and when it doesn't it takes ~13% of the CPU time doing nothing. Many of my programs stopped working and I don't even feel like debugging them because probably with the next 'update' they would stop working again. I wish that you at HP Prime Group took the updates more seriously. I will stop at that.

And don't forget the horrible bug in the CAS Options. Everytime I turn on the calculator or open the Virtual Calc, it's marked the "Use i" and it's very annoying

And the rest, completely agree with you Smile ...
04-27-2016, 03:04 AM
(04-27-2016 02:37 AM)Archanus Wrote:  [color=#0000CD][b]And don't forget the horrible bug in the CAS Options. Everytime I turn on the calculator or open the Virtual Calc, it's marked the "Use i" and it's very annoying

Its also the first time I've seen anyone say anything about this. Anyone else having this problem? I've not seen it and can't reproduce in any way...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-27-2016, 03:38 AM
I can't reproduce this either. Here, CAS settings seem to keep their state (as they should) between on/off cycles.
04-27-2016, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2016 09:29 PM by salvomic.)
(04-27-2016 03:38 AM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  I can't reproduce this either. Here, CAS settings seem to keep their state (as they should) between on/off cycles.

nor I do. When is off the calc maintain the CAS settings included "use i" (selected or not selected).

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2016, 09:25 AM
No problem here with the CAS settings.
04-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Dear People, I do have this problem, as you can see, these are my "Home Settings". Everytime I open the Virtual Calculator and go to "CAS Settings", the option "Use I" is enabled Sad and It's very annoying

Try to execute: Int(sqrt(Tan(x),x) WITH AND WITHOUT "USE I" and you can see the annoying "I" everywhere.

In Wolfram Mathematica that Integral shows without the "I"

Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-27-2016, 03:37 PM
(04-27-2016 03:10 PM)Archanus Wrote:  Dear People, I do have this problem, as you can see, these are my "Home Settings". Everytime I open the Virtual Calculator and go to "CAS Settings", the option "Use I" is enabled Sad and It's very annoying

Try to execute: Int(sqrt(Tan(x),x) WITH AND WITHOUT "USE I" and you can see the annoying "I" everywhere.

In Wolfram Mathematica that Integral shows without the "I"

Thanks

I have just the opposite effect! I check Use I, exit the emulator, then reenter the emulator. Use I is unchecked!

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Well, it seems that "Use i" in the CAS settings is set according to what you selected for "Complex" in the Home settings ...
04-27-2016, 03:55 PM
I don't see the problem.

My home setting for "complex" is on, and my CAS settings can be changed from "use i" checked to unchecked

As far as int(sqrt(tan(x)),x) goes, just run it with "use i" unchecked.

04-27-2016, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2016 03:59 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
(04-27-2016 03:55 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  My home setting for "complex" is on, and my CAS settings can be changed from "use i" checked to unchecked
Yes, but if you leave the emulator and open it up again you'll find that "use i" is checked if "complex" is on, or "use i" is unchecked if "complex" is off.
04-27-2016, 04:26 PM
So is this an emulator problem only? I don't have the new firmware emulator handy - - will test that later.

On the Prime (10077) itself, no problem as far as I can see. "Complex" checked in Home, unchecked for "use i", turn calc on again, "use i" still unchecked.
04-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Confirmed for the emulator.

Thanks!
04-27-2016, 05:07 PM
On the list. The settings between that checkbox in home and cas were in fact tied together. Thank you.

TW

04-27-2016, 08:36 PM
If check Use I, exit the emulator, then reenter the emulator. Use I is unchecked!
But, in the calculator, User i is OK.
This problem appears only in the emulator

Leo

04-27-2016, 09:05 PM
(04-27-2016 08:36 PM)jrozsas Wrote:  If check Use I, exit the emulator, then reenter the emulator. Use I is unchecked!
But, in the calculator, User i is OK.
This problem appears only in the emulator

If you reboot the calc, you will see it. That is the equivalent of the emulator restart.

TW

04-27-2016, 10:39 PM
(04-27-2016 05:07 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  On the list. The settings between that checkbox in home and cas were in fact tied together. Thank you.

YOU'RE WELCOME DEAR TIM Smile !!!!

Sincerely I thought it was a known bug, because since I install the New Virtual Calculator (new version) and I install the new firmware in the real calculator. That bug appears and I realized it. I tried to fix it, but I can't Sad For that reason I wrote here.

And for the rest, I see that the command "Cannonical Form" is also buggy Sad

Please Tim, It would be wonderful that it would be a new firmware without new features but with Bug fixes and stability Sad

I imagine that this new firmware is like the Fast Ring Insider Build of Windows 10 Smile We're waiting a slow ring build jajajaja Smile
04-28-2016, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 07:11 AM by retoa.)
(04-27-2016 10:39 PM)Archanus Wrote:  
(04-27-2016 05:07 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  On the list. The settings between that checkbox in home and cas were in fact tied together. Thank you.

YOU'RE WELCOME DEAR TIM Smile !!!!

Sincerely I thought it was a known bug, because since I install the New Virtual Calculator (new version) and I install the new firmware in the real calculator. That bug appears and I realized it. I tried to fix it, but I can't Sad For that reason I wrote here.

Please Tim, It would be wonderful that it would be a new firmware without new features but with Bug fixes and stability Sad

I imagine that this new firmware is like the Fast Ring Insider Build of Windows 10 Smile We're waiting a slow ring build jajajaja Smile

I agree !

As already said new features are nice, but I live without them.
What I want from a calculator is that the calculations I do gives the right answers with a sufficient precision and that the the present features work without errors...
04-28-2016, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 12:41 PM by toml_12953.)
(04-28-2016 07:09 AM)retoa Wrote:  
(04-27-2016 10:39 PM)Archanus Wrote:  YOU'RE WELCOME DEAR TIM Smile !!!!

I agree !

What I want from a calculator is that the calculations I do gives the right answers with a sufficient precision and that the the present features work without errors...

Yes! Given finite development resources, I'd prefer they be used to fix current features rather than to create new ones.
JMTC

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-28-2016, 04:58 PM
(04-28-2016 07:09 AM)retoa Wrote:  ...

Instead, I'm interested in both activities: to emend errors and bugs *and* add new functionaries also; the Prime must evolve not only be well :-)

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)