Unable to update my prime
02-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Unable to update my prime
Hi all,
I followed the footsteps of hp conectivity kit to update the fimware to my new Prime, but it not worked for me. When the update starts, the calc disconnects from CK, and an error message (update failed (104)) is shown. The same thing occurs in all USB ports. The calculator remains in recovery mode and so I need to reset it.
Please, any help is welcome

Marcelo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: Unable to update my prime
I shall recommend that you try a different USB port.
I was very surprised to have to use the docking port since the laptop USB would produce similar failures. I wonder if the docking is USB1 while the laptop is USB2.
02-04-2014, 09:37 PM
1) have you updated the connectivity kit to the most recent 2013.11.25 version?
2) When the calculator goes into the update mode and you see the large HP logo, does your computer go through a long "installing driver" process that takes a long time?

If it does, I assume it is not finishing before attempting to start the update process. You could try directly running the updater.exe from the install folder once the "installing driver" process has finished.

As stated before, going through a hub can sometimes not work for some reason. Another port?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-05-2014, 09:21 AM
I had massive difficulties to update my Prime, too. In my case the problems were cuased by firmware files which were corrupted during the download from the Internet. Downloading the firmware again solved the problem. You may have a look at this thread, maybe it will help you, too.

Best regards

Karl
02-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Dear all,
Thanks for the replies. Finally, I managed to update the Rom, just tried again on my home desktop. And this time, after I downloaded the new Rom with the conectivity kit, I did restart the computer, before update the calc.
Marcelo

Marcelo
02-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Had the same problems yesterday while trying to update the firmware on my new Prime. Many thanks to this thread and the other thread mentioned. In my case I finally solved the problem by using my Microsoft Surface Pro with Win 8.1 instead of my Win 7 desktop.I had tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 on my desktop to no avail.
02-09-2014, 05:13 PM
(02-09-2014 02:13 PM)FHSPSU67 Wrote:  Had the same problems yesterday while trying to update the firmware on my new Prime. Many thanks to this thread and the other thread mentioned. In my case I finally solved the problem by using my Microsoft Surface Pro with Win 8.1 instead of my Win 7 desktop.I had tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 on my desktop to no avail.
Mine worked from my laptop which is also Win 8.1. Maybe it has problems with other versions of Windows.

Mike

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)