Prime Riddle
12-29-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Prime Riddle
(12-29-2019 09:49 AM)ldesnogu Wrote:  Hasn't this somehow happened with the G2 which seems to use a certificate to validate the uploaded firmware?

The HP Prime G2 has a chain of trust, but no root of trust enforced. This makes running third-party firmwares like U-Boot+Linux possible if you're willing to open up the calculator and short a test pad, but prevents modifications to the official firmware (up to a degree that no one bothered to crack for now, that is).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2019, 10:57 PM
Most of the posts in this thread are from 2016.
In my opinion this thread could be closed, and the last answers moved to a new thread.
12-29-2019, 11:22 PM
(12-29-2019 02:22 PM)Jean-Baptiste Boric Wrote:  The HP Prime G2 has a chain of trust, but no root of trust enforced. This makes running third-party firmwares like U-Boot+Linux possible if you're willing to open up the calculator and short a test pad, but prevents modifications to the official firmware (up to a degree that no one bothered to crack for now, that is).
Yes I followed both Linux and Windows porting efforts, nice achievements indeed. But I was hoping a way would be found to flash a new firmware without having to open the G2. I took a look inside the FW and came to the same conclusion as Lionel Debroux on TI Planet about the RSA stuff. Perhaps someone will find some exploit Smile

Thomas, I agree. Perhaps some mod can move the messages to a new thread?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)