Insanity or rarity?
04-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Insanity or rarity?
If you have one like this will be with a lot of money. :-)

Insanity?

Systems Analyst
48G+/58C/85B/PC1500A
TH-78A/DooGee S9
Focal & All Basic´s
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: Insanity or rarity?
Not to be the Hp Museum police, but whenever you post a specific ebay ad or mention an ebay auction, you are obligated to disclose your ebay name.

TAS is cute and was kind of introduced to avoid this, but Dave never specifically made any other requests than the one above.

ebay name: fysics
Find all posts by this user
04-21-2016, 07:18 PM
It only becomes insane when you buy it.
04-21-2016, 08:36 PM
(04-21-2016 06:46 PM)Ron Ross Wrote:  Not to be the Hp Museum police, but whenever you post a specific ebay ad or mention an ebay auction, you are obligated to disclose your ebay name.

TAS is cute and was kind of introduced to avoid this, but Dave never specifically made any other requests than the one above.

ebay name: fysics

Ron;

You have a good memory! That was the first thing Dave requested (all those years ago) concerning posting about auctions outside of our community's classifieds. The only other that I can remember is what's printed next to the current Classifieds Forum link: "Do not post links to ebay or other auction sites in this forum" (that specific sub Forum).

IMHO, occasional posts on outrageously high prices are just for entertainment. They're also defense, as in: "Honey, that's not junk. We're sitting on a gold mine here".
04-21-2016, 09:46 PM
I'd rather have my consecutively serial # Cornwalls and Heresys.

2speed HP41CX,int2XMEM+ZEN, HPIL+DEVEL, HPIL+X/IO, I/R, 82143, 82163, 82162 -25,35,45,55,65,67,70,80
04-21-2016, 11:28 PM
(04-21-2016 05:55 PM)hp41cx Wrote:  If you have one like this will be with a lot of money. :-)

Insanity?

Each original buyer of the PPC ROM actually received 2 ROMs, 4 manuals (2 bound, 2 loose) and 2 Quick Guides; the actual costs were lower than expected so PPC delivered 2 sets to each buyer.

So the xxxA and xxxB are the 2 ROMs that the original owner received. But it is probably rare that the owner kept both ROMs all these years. I know wish I did...

--Bob Prosperi
04-22-2016, 06:46 PM
(04-21-2016 08:36 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  IMHO, occasional posts on outrageously high prices are just for entertainment. They're also defense, as in: "Honey, that's not junk. We're sitting on a gold mine here".

I would advise against that defense. A lot of wives would likely insist that you liquidate that gold mine (or Junk) and retire in splendor (or a long weekend at the beach)....
Either way, not an option for me. I kind of joke here as my wife is a former Hp engineer and does appreciate her Hp calculator too.
04-25-2016, 02:49 PM
(04-21-2016 11:28 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Each original buyer of the PPC ROM actually received 2 ROMs, 4 manuals (2 bound, 2 loose) and 2 Quick Guides; the actual costs were lower than expected so PPC delivered 2 sets to each buyer.

So the xxxA and xxxB are the 2 ROMs that the original owner received. But it is probably rare that the owner kept both ROMs all these years. I know wish I did...

FWIW, that unfortunately wasn't the case for overseas orders- either that or I got shortchanged, as I only received one ROM and one bound manual...

Cheers,
ÁM
04-25-2016, 02:57 PM
(04-25-2016 02:49 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  FWIW, that unfortunately wasn't the case for overseas orders- either that or I got shortchanged, as I only received one ROM and one bound manual...

Nope, overseas orders were not singled out for shortchanging. I'm here in the US and I thought I was onboard for the original order, and I only received one ROM and one bound manual, too.

Maybe it had something to do with the original crew that actually contributed to the ROM development? I was just an interested weenie that wanted one after all the hard work was already accomplished. And, I sure do wish that I kept my original 41C and that original ROM, rather than let them go, so many years ago...

smp
04-25-2016, 03:44 PM
(04-25-2016 02:57 PM)smp Wrote:  
(04-25-2016 02:49 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  FWIW, that unfortunately wasn't the case for overseas orders- either that or I got shortchanged, as I only received one ROM and one bound manual...

Nope, overseas orders were not singled out for shortchanging. I'm here in the US and I thought I was onboard for the original order, and I only received one ROM and one bound manual, too.

Maybe it had something to do with the original crew that actually contributed to the ROM development? I was just an interested weenie that wanted one after all the hard work was already accomplished. And, I sure do wish that I kept my original 41C and that original ROM, rather than let them go, so many years ago...

smp
I was a late adopter, got one ROM & manual and was glad to get that. What an amazing group project.
04-25-2016, 08:15 PM
(04-25-2016 03:44 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  
(04-25-2016 02:57 PM)smp Wrote:  Nope, overseas orders were not singled out for shortchanging. I'm here in the US and I thought I was onboard for the original order, and I only received one ROM and one bound manual, too.

smp
I was a late adopter, got one ROM & manual and was glad to get that. What an amazing group project.

The initial set of 2500 orders came with two ROMS and four manuals. A couple of additional sets of orders were made by PPC to HP and those were sold with single ROMS and manuals and helped keep the club's cashflow positive. The highest PPC member number for the initial order was 7310. If your member number was greater than 7310, your order was *definitely* in one of the latter batches. The member-number list of the original purchasers is documented in the PPC ROM manual itself starting on page 135.

Jake

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)