Where did the 'Galaxis" program go?
04-20-2016, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 05:09 AM by Ángel Martin.)
Where did the 'Galaxis" program go?
I can't locate A very recent post (I believe in the General Forum or maybe in the HP41 Software section) dealing with the "Galaxis" game. The post had a nice photo of a real game and besides the FOCAL code it provided links to the RAW file and other formats.

Is it still around somewhere? It seems to have disappeared ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Where did the 'Galaxis" program go?
A Google search for "site:hpmuseum.org galaxis 41" pointed me to a deleted thread. It's still accessible through the Google cache.
04-20-2016, 07:17 AM
(04-20-2016 05:28 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  A Google search for "site:hpmuseum.org galaxis 41" pointed me to a deleted thread. It's still accessible through the Google cache.

Thanks Thomas, got it!
04-20-2016, 11:59 AM
(04-20-2016 05:08 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  I can't locate A very recent post (I believe in the General Forum or maybe in the HP41 Software section) dealing with the "Galaxis" game.
(...)
Is it still around somewhere? It seems to have disappeared ...

?!? - it's still there, at the moment it's the last post in the HP-41C Software Library, here.

Dieter
04-20-2016, 02:40 PM
For some reason which I can't figure out, it looks like the auto spam-recognition software IDd it as something dodgy and put it in the seldom used "awaiting moderation" list. It often does this to the first post a new member makes, but going back and pulling a post is a new one to me. I just OKd it, so it's back up. Thanks.
04-20-2016, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 03:09 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(04-20-2016 11:59 AM)Dieter Wrote:  ?!? - it's still there, at the moment it's the last post in the HP-41C Software Library, here.

Now it is, but this morning (CET) it wasn't ...
timing is everything!
04-20-2016, 03:12 PM
the forum software is becoming self aware ?

are we running Cyberdyne code ??

2speed HP41CX,int2XMEM+ZEN, HPIL+DEVEL, HPIL+X/IO, I/R, 82143, 82163, 82162 -25,35,45,55,65,67,70,80
04-20-2016, 04:27 PM
hpmuseum.org might show up in Janes Tattoos somehow (I'm still in the middle of series 1).

Thanks for clearing this up, Den!
04-20-2016, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 06:59 PM by Dave Hicks.)
A mix of feature and human error. I noticed a report during a rushed moment on the computer and thought I had already put that one through and forgot to mark the report as read. But I see now that the OP edited the post, and the SW thought both the original post and the edit looked spammy so after the edit - it re-hid it and re-reported it for a second moderator approval. This is actually a feature since some spammy humans and bots operate by creating normal-looking posts and editing them into spam later, but I didn't think of that at the time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 07:31 PM by d b.)
Dave Hicks; Oh! That even makes sense.

TASP; I had never seen a post land in that place after it had been on the open forum. The report function acts differently. You know how complex code acts though. You either give it enough freedom to go blundering on - not noticing problems, or it's got enough checks and balances so it locks up and doesn't do anything. Ours works much better now than in the beginning. Dave has it adjusted for our community, which may be somewhat different than a political discussion group in New York city or whoever else uses MyBB.

Thomas; Well, Dave cleared it up for both of us but..... as they would say south of my border "de nada, primo". This is exactly the thing that Dave first asked Katie and me to do a year and a half ago, to help watch for spam, and the programmed anti spam activity, while he tuned it. So, cool! I got to do my main job!
04-21-2016, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 03:59 PM by Gilles.)
(04-20-2016 11:59 AM)Dieter Wrote:  ?!? - it's still there, at the moment it's the last post in the HP-41C Software Library, here.
Dieter

This game was my christmas gift long years ago ;D I played a lot at Galaxis with my brothers and sisters. Happy days ! I have yet in my ears the sounds of the game. I remenber that I wrote a program "Galaxis" on my old Casio FX-502P
09-29-2016, 06:47 AM
(04-21-2016 03:57 PM)Gilles Wrote:  
Dieter

This game was my Christmas gift long years ago ;D I played a lot at Galaxis with my brothers and sisters. Happy days ! I have yet in my ears the sounds of the game. I remember that I wrote a program "Galaxis" on my old Casio FX-502P

Quite a good sound generator for it's time but sadly, not RPN. Sounds like you took it about to it's limit.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)