04-17-2016, 01:04 PM
The Wisdom of Crowds
I'm looking for "must have"
  • applications,
  • books,
  • links,
  • downloadable notes, pdfs
...for my 48xx, 49xx calculators.

Please give me tips, if you have a short time.

Thank you!
Csaba
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: The Wisdom of Crowds
(04-17-2016 01:04 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Please give me tips...

"One Minute Marvels", short but instructional RPL programs, found here.

HP-48 Insights Books (2 for 48SX, 1 updated for 48GX) by Bill Wickes. Read these to fully understand RPL. All 3 are available in the MoHPC Museum Document Set, available here.

OT49 & Keyman for 49g/50g, available here.

Filer48, SpeedUI, & Educalc 's HP48 Hacker's ROM (includes Jazz, Library maker and Hack Tools) - all available at hpcalc.org

--Bob Prosperi
04-19-2016, 04:09 AM
I think Tim Wessman's "20 Essential Things to Know About the HP-49G" is a very useful guide. It links to a large quantity of useful information, including:
1. User guides for 49, 48g, 49G CAS.
2. Documents teaching how to program in UserRPL, SysRPL, and Saturn Assembly.
3. Useful programs
(OT49, Keyman, Emacs, ConfigSaver, Moonlight, APPSman, Libman, Unitman, Stat49Pro, and AutoSimp49).

You can find this guide here: http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4910 .

Some of the links are dead, but you can usually find the resource by googling. Also, some of the materials are somewhat out of date for 49g+ and 50g. There are some additional resources out there which cover the new features of these ARM-based calculators.
04-19-2016, 01:27 PM
I find GX Library quite essential for a 48S/SX.

http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2796

It has reimplementations of the following G/GX commands, and only requires about 2.5 KB:

HEAD
TAIL
SEQ
DOSUBS
DeltaLIST
NSUB
ENDSUB
STREAM
SigmaLIST
PiLIST
DOLIST
ADD
REVLIST
SORT

Keyman is also extremely useful just for the ->TO? command, which allows you to do nested CST menus. (You can do them without adding a takeover, but then they won't work inside the editor.)

And I think the biggest 'must-have' for a 49 is a 48 to replace it with. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2016, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2016 01:48 PM by Vtile.)
(04-19-2016 01:27 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I find GX Library quite essential for a 48S/SX.

http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2796

It has reimplementations of the following G/GX commands, and only requires about 2.5 KB:

HEAD
TAIL
SEQ
DOSUBS
DeltaLIST
NSUB
ENDSUB
STREAM
SigmaLIST
PiLIST
DOLIST
ADD
REVLIST
SORT

Keyman is also extremely useful just for the ->TO? command, which allows you to do nested CST menus. (You can do them without adding a takeover, but then they won't work inside the editor.)

And I think the biggest 'must-have' for a 49 is a 48 to replace it with. Wink
You can do nested CST menus with plain UserRPL atleast in 50g, no add-ons needed. 50g is also must have replacement for 48x&49x Wink

What comes to books "Mathematics for the millions" is nice to read, although I have only read a translation of it not the original book. (Doesn't relate to HP calculators, but fits to the topic Tongue )

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)