HP17bii+ keyboard problems solved?
03-27-2016, 11:38 PM
HP17bii+ keyboard problems solved?
Hi there
I'm actually an old user, but I haven't been here for a while and my old login credentials won't work any more.

Anyway, I have several HP calculators, including a new 17bii+ silver. It's definitely not perfect, but it's the best calculator I know. Unfortunately, the keyboard is/was the main problem with this model.
My second 17bii+'s keyboard just started randomly missing keystrokes, just like my first one did 3 years ago. I'd buy another one, again, but not if they keyboard problems still persist.

It seems that not everybody has experienced these input problems. Does that mean the keyboard problem has been solved? Or maybe it was only one specific batch? I really wouldn't want to buy a 17bii+ knowing that I have to replace it again in two or three years.

Thanks an cheers

Timo

PS: I'd buy another 19BII despite the low contrast (but yummy three line of stack) display, but the prices lately are more than just through the roof - they are insane!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2016, 11:49 PM
RE: HP17bii+ keyboard problems solved?
(03-27-2016 11:38 PM)TLab3000 Wrote:  Hi there
I'm actually an old user, but I haven't been here for a while and my old login credentials won't work any more.

Anyway, I have several HP calculators, including a new 17bii+ silver. It's definitely not perfect, but it's the best calculator I know. Unfortunately, the keyboard is/was the main problem with this model.
My second 17bii+'s keyboard just started randomly missing keystrokes, just like my first one did 3 years ago. I'd buy another one, again, but not if they keyboard problems still persist.

It seems that not everybody has experienced these input problems. Does that mean the keyboard problem has been solved? Or maybe it was only one specific batch? I really wouldn't want to buy a 17bii+ knowing that I have to replace it again in two or three years.

Thanks an cheers

Timo

PS: I'd buy another 19BII despite the low contrast (but yummy three line of stack) display, but the prices lately are more than just through the roof - they are insane!
Get a 17b or 17bii on Ebay. They work fine.
03-28-2016, 08:52 PM
(03-27-2016 11:38 PM)TLab3000 Wrote:  I'd buy another 19BII despite the low contrast ... display, but the prices lately are more than just through the roof - they are insane!

Take a peek at the classified thread # 5832 19bii-II Door on Back - MAKE OFFER - can't hurt!

BEST!

SlideRule
03-29-2016, 11:21 AM
(03-27-2016 11:38 PM)TLab3000 Wrote:  PS: I'd buy another 19BII despite the low contrast (but yummy three line of stack) display, but the prices lately are more than just through the roof - they are insane!

How about a 95LX? It does everything a 19BII will (plus a LOT more), has a great big adjustable screen, runs on AAs rather than Ns, and can be had for as little as $50 or less these days. The one downside is that the keys are quite a bit smaller.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)