[WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
02-03-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
(02-03-2014 04:38 PM)walter b Wrote:  Looking at the ... display of the 30b, however, we take pride in the amount of user friendliness we have achieved within 43x6 pixels nevertheless.
I think it's an amazing device with regards to its software, I'd be very proud, too.

(02-03-2014 04:38 PM)walter b Wrote:  Sometimes, however, there's hardly a way around RTFM. YMMV.
There are two problems with this in my opinion. One is that it may not occur to someone to look up something like this in the manual (because it seems obvious what 'US' stands for), and even if they did read every word in the manual, they might not have paid much attention to this particular small and boring detail. The second problem is that even the manual is potentially misleading because it doesn't explain that U.S. survey foot based units aren't actually widely used in the U.S.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
(02-03-2014 05:54 PM)Bit Wrote:  The second problem is that even the manual is potentially misleading because it doesn't explain that U.S. survey foot based units aren't actually widely used in the U.S.

Most of the units featured aren't actually widely used in the world Smile

There are a handful of mostly ex-British empire countries where these units are still known but they essentially obsolete. Liberia and some other country I never remember are holding out still. Oh, Burma uses their own units.

- Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)