Solve and Integrate Newsletter Issues
02-25-2016, 04:31 AM
Solve and Integrate Newsletter Issues
Solve and Integrate Corporation published the "Solve and Integrate Newsletter" for HP Calculator and Computer owners beginning around 1989, and I'm not sure how long it ran.

This is the same company that published lots of 41 programs in the 80s, and later ran the HP User Library when HP shed it around 1990. That apparently didn't survive for very long as interest in the then new 48 series dramatically reduced interest in the 41, 71, 75, etc.

Does anyone know if copies of these newsletters exist in PDF format somewhere?

This newsletter was published after HPX stopped publishing, and before the internet was widely used, so a relatively poorly documented period, when Pioneer machines and the HP-48 was new. I beleive HPCC Datafile is the only other HP Calculator newsletter during this period, but there may have been others I'm not aware of.

Google has very little to offer, mostly bits and pieces about when they were running the HP User Library.

Note: This is NOT the same as the later, and similarly-named "HP Solve Newsletter" published by HP from 2008-2014

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2016, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2016 06:58 AM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: Solve and Integrate Newsletter Issues
The issues from April 1989 to April 1991 are on TAS TOS.
02-25-2016, 06:09 AM
(02-25-2016 04:53 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  The issues from April 1989 to April 1991 are on TAS.

I think I have a coupe of their newsletters in the TUSK (yes, after TAS, and TOS, now I"m offering yet another stupid TLA - a.k.a. The Underground Subterranean Keller. I'll look for it this week-end.

Really all this business with the unmentionable is rather tiresome, I wish we all could grow up some day...
02-25-2016, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2016 03:32 PM by rprosperi.)
(02-25-2016 04:53 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  The issues from April 1989 to April 1991 are on TAS TOS.

Thanks Didier, and thanks Warren. How embarrassing, as I have the TOS DVD and so all these copies already. Can't keep track of all the stuff on there, but should have checked better. I hoped S&I was published longer than 4/91...

And thanks Angel for checking on this resource which is totally new to me. Re: the TLAs, in the case of this new one, the TLA does save a LOT of keys... Smile

Update: They are online but not on the latest DVD - I was pretty sure I checked first...

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)