hp 38e
03-03-2016, 02:18 AM
hp 38e
I have a hp 38e calculator which was directly connected to the power supply without batteria and stopped working. should be problem with the power supply. can anyone help me what the source component that must be damaged.
THANK YOU.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: hp 38e
http://www.hpmuseum.org/collect.htm#batts
"Warning! Most models can be damaged if run from the charger without good batteries installed. Only the manuals for the HP 35 and 45 models say that it's OK to run without batteries, but many collectors feel that even those should have batteries installed for maximum protection and long life."

I believe the ACT chip is the most common part damaged by running on the charger without a good battery installed. I suspect if the ACT is bad in your HP-38E the only replacement is one from another HP-38E.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2016, 07:44 AM
RE: hp 38e
(03-03-2016 06:13 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  ..... I suspect if the ACT is bad in your HP-38E the only replacement is one from another HP-38E.

You could also use ACTs from the other Models 31E, 32E, 33E, 33C, 34C, 37E, 38C. But this would give up one calculator for the rescue of another. Most times in the 30s models there is only a contact problem inside the calculator and the ACT is still working.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)