Resetting default libraries on 50G
02-08-2016, 05:00 AM
Resetting default libraries on 50G
I have a 50G and I accidentally saved the font changing utility "FNC.LIB" in the 0 spot. Apparently this is a default location and it caused my default fonts to be missing. I reinstalled the ROM thinking it would reinstall the default libraries, but it didn't. So how can I fix this issue, and how can I install the TI-89 font in the future? I'm really liking my 50G, but I don't understand how the entire library and program layout works. Thanks so much ahead of time for any insight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: Resetting default libraries on 50G
(02-08-2016 05:00 AM)BuckeyeEngineer Wrote:  I have a 50G and I accidentally saved the font changing utility "FNC.LIB" in the 0 spot. Apparently this is a default location and it caused my default fonts to be missing. I reinstalled the ROM thinking it would reinstall the default libraries, but it didn't. So how can I fix this issue, and how can I install the TI-89 font in the future? I'm really liking my 50G, but I don't understand how the entire library and program layout works. Thanks so much ahead of time for any insight.

Download the font to somewhere "safe" such as Port-2 (or even in the SD card (Port-3) if you have an SD card installed), then just recall it to the stack and use the command ->FONT, so it looks like:

"2:TI89.FON RCL ->FONT"

The above is best for a program to save (e.g. along with other default settings in your STARTUP program). You can also load it interactively using MODE, DISP, then browse to where you saved it.

You can restore any missing original default libraries by downloading them from hpcalc.org, then just installing them like any other library.

HTH

--Bob Prosperi
02-08-2016, 08:59 PM
(02-08-2016 03:15 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 05:00 AM)BuckeyeEngineer Wrote:  I have a 50G and I accidentally saved the font changing utility "FNC.LIB" in the 0 spot. Apparently this is a default location and it caused my default fonts to be missing. I reinstalled the ROM thinking it would reinstall the default libraries, but it didn't. So how can I fix this issue, and how can I install the TI-89 font in the future? I'm really liking my 50G, but I don't understand how the entire library and program layout works. Thanks so much ahead of time for any insight.

Download the font to somewhere "safe" such as Port-2 (or even in the SD card (Port-3) if you have an SD card installed), then just recall it to the stack and use the command ->FONT, so it looks like:

The above is best for a program to save (e.g. along with other default settings in your STARTUP program). You can also load it interactively using MODE, DISP, then browse to where you saved it.

You can restore any missing original default libraries by downloading them from hpcalc.org, then just installing them like any other library.

HTH

I can't seem to find any of the default libraries on hpcalc.org. Can you point me towards what I need? Thanks again.
02-08-2016, 10:02 PM
(02-08-2016 08:59 PM)BuckeyeEngineer Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 03:15 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Download the font to somewhere "safe" such as Port-2 (or even in the SD card (Port-3) if you have an SD card installed), then just recall it to the stack and use the command ->FONT, so it looks like:

HTH

I can't seem to find any of the default libraries on hpcalc.org. Can you point me towards what I need? Thanks again.

Truly sorry, I was thinking of the 48GX libraries when I posted this. Which libraries are you thinking of, that seem to be missing? As I think about it, I don't recall the 50g coming with libraries installed, and I can't check as all mine are set up the same way with my own config/libraries, etc.

--Bob Prosperi
02-08-2016, 10:34 PM
(02-08-2016 10:02 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 08:59 PM)BuckeyeEngineer Wrote:  I can't seem to find any of the default libraries on hpcalc.org. Can you point me towards what I need? Thanks again.

Truly sorry, I was thinking of the 48GX libraries when I posted this. Which libraries are you thinking of, that seem to be missing? As I think about it, I don't recall the 50g coming with libraries installed, and I can't check as all mine are set up the same way with my own config/libraries, etc.

It's no problem, i'm probably just confused. I downloaded "FNC.LIB" from hpcalc.org's archives. It's supposed to be a permanent font swap utility. I typed 'FNC.LIB' 0 STO. Now there's certain symbols in the soft menus that are missing. I did a complete reset and it didn't fix it. Reinstalled the ROM from HP's website and it's still missing.
02-08-2016, 10:49 PM
(02-08-2016 10:34 PM)BuckeyeEngineer Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 10:02 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Truly sorry, I was thinking of the 48GX libraries when I posted this. Which libraries are you thinking of, that seem to be missing? As I think about it, I don't recall the 50g coming with libraries installed, and I can't check as all mine are set up the same way with my own config/libraries, etc.

It's no problem, i'm probably just confused. I downloaded "FNC.LIB" from hpcalc.org's archives. It's supposed to be a permanent font swap utility. I typed 'FNC.LIB' 0 STO. Now there's certain symbols in the soft menus that are missing. I did a complete reset and it didn't fix it. Reinstalled the ROM from HP's website and it's still missing.

Remove this library and verify things are back to normal. It's possible that this tool has set a default font which does not include all characters.

What symbols are missing from the soft menus?

--Bob Prosperi
02-08-2016, 11:01 PM
(02-08-2016 10:49 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 10:34 PM)BuckeyeEngineer Wrote:  It's no problem, i'm probably just confused. I downloaded "FNC.LIB" from hpcalc.org's archives. It's supposed to be a permanent font swap utility. I typed 'FNC.LIB' 0 STO. Now there's certain symbols in the soft menus that are missing. I did a complete reset and it didn't fix it. Reinstalled the ROM from HP's website and it's still missing.

Remove this library and verify things are back to normal. It's possible that this tool has set a default font which does not include all characters.

What symbols are missing from the soft menus?

That fixed it, thanks! I had to purge the libraries and then just hard reset.
02-08-2016, 11:23 PM
(02-08-2016 11:01 PM)BuckeyeEngineer Wrote:  That fixed it, thanks! I had to purge the libraries and then just hard reset.

Good news, glad it's OK.

While it's fresh, write down how to install and remove a library. Once you get your rig configured right, you won't do it often and then when you need to, like many RPL tasks, since it's not often used, it won't be intuitive.

Good luck.

--Bob Prosperi
02-14-2016, 05:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that #26256h SYSEVAL restores all the 50g system fonts to their defaults. That's the entry point for the System RPL instruction "INITMKFONT".

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)