DIY slipcover for DIY5
03-07-2014, 12:05 AM
DIY slipcover for DIY5
Since I started using the DIY5, I have been packing it in bubble wrap or other padding when I take it somewhere. Not only was this really tedious but I could not carry the calculator in my shirt pocket. So, I made some simple slipcovers.

The slipcovers I made are felt covered with a very thin clear plastic film. The film is like that used for heat sealing ID cards and the like to protect them. The color of the felt is just what I happened to have on hand. I think I can make it with just about any color of felt or other soft fabric.

[Image: SLIP_DY5.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: DIY slipcover for DIY5
Nice bag. Now it would be helpful having the lowest 3cm enforced or made of stiffer material to prevent the calculator from being turned on inadvertantly Smile

d:-)
03-07-2014, 07:40 PM
(03-07-2014 06:57 AM)walter b Wrote:  Nice bag. Now it would be helpful having the lowest 3cm enforced or made of stiffer material to prevent the calculator from being turned on inadvertantly Smile

d:-)

Good catch! Actually it does help some. I haven't used it enough to know how much. :-)
03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Have the dimensions of the machine been finalised yet? If we had that, we could keep an eye out for suitable cases already on the market.

R.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)