New Prime, several crashes
01-29-2016, 06:10 PM
New Prime, several crashes
Hello all,
I just bought another Prime after my first one was bricked beyond hope during a firmware update (as reported elsewhere). This time I bought the "Wifi-enabled" hardware version.
I haven't spent much time with it yet; I immediately upgraded the firmware to the latest version; but while playing with the Advanced Graphing app, I had several crashes - the calculator would just suddenly switch off, and when switched on it would show the "long" boot screen. And all changes since the last "successful" power off would be lost.
Specifically, every single time it crashed, I was editing and modifying the "7 segment squares series" demo graph - I would touch the text area to change something in the equation, and it would switch off. It's not repeatable: doing the exact same thing would not crash it again, but doing something else that used to work before, would.

I don't remember such crashes in my previous unit, but I hadn't upgraded that one. Should I worry? I don't want to think that I got two faulty units out of two.

Cristian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: New Prime, several crashes
I'd do a format and see if it keeps up. Only thing I can think of is maybe some bad date in there.... ?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Thanks Tim. Just a paperclip reset or a whole factory reset?

I don't think it's bad data because sometimes it crashed as soon as I tapped the text area, *before* making any changes to the original equations. And on the following reboot, tapping the exact same area worked fine.

Cristian
01-29-2016, 08:25 PM
Format being "go into the factor menu and format the drive".

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-31-2016, 08:51 PM
Thanks Tim, you wrote "format" but somehow I read "reset". Anyway now I formatted the memory (it took an instant, is that right?) and started from scratch.
I still had a crash. Only one, but I didn't spend much time trying. Again it happened while modifying the same set of equations. I haven't had crashes in other areas, but again I haven't done much else with this new unit...

Cristian

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)