Conway's game of life [faster version]
03-07-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: Conway's game of life [faster version]
This won't change the framerates, but you can speed up the initialization process within RLEmap by using ASC() and doing numerical comparisons as opposed to substring searches and calling EXPR() to determine the value of a character.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 02:12 PM
(03-07-2014 06:07 AM)Han Wrote:  This won't change the framerates, but you can speed up the initialization process within RLEmap by using ASC() and doing numerical comparisons as opposed to substring searches and calling EXPR() to determine the value of a character.
I fear the gain will remain small. did you measured the execution time of both version?
As you spotted, it will not change the frame rate. So my goal was to make the RLEMap to work while staying rather simple to read/understand.
Contrary to LNext and LDisp which were both tailored for speed at the expense of readability.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
05-28-2014, 12:52 AM
Updated for rev 6030.
Added a version in full screen size, try sets 9 and 6 on emulator with maximized window.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
11-25-2020, 12:16 PM
I tried "Version 2.4", and when runs it returns "Life Error: Insufficient memory"

What I'm doing wrong.
12-10-2020, 10:55 PM
No idea, never got this problem.
I am an old fashioned programmer and minimizing program foot print is always a concern to me.

Patrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)