Lanching my freeware CPRCA App!
01-16-2016, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2016 01:19 AM by Namir.)
Lanching my freeware CPRCA App!
I am happy to announce the release of my freeware Console Programmable RPN Calculator Application (CPRCA). You can download it by clicking here and selecting the last item at the bottom of the list. The CPRCA is a console application written in Visual Basic 2015. The programming language supported is based on the HP-41C. I have added many new features and expanded on many existing ones.

You can use CPRCA to calculate RPN expressions or execute programs stored in text files. The application supports a 4-register stack (with full backup), the Alpha register, statistical registers, a whopping 10,000 memory registers, named individual variables, dynamic named array variables, individual text variables (to swap text with the Alpha register), local numeric registers for subroutines, and 100 flags.

The application supports sorting and searching data in memory registers and in array variables. The search commands include forward linear search, backward linear search, forward circular search, backward circular search, middle-first search, heuristic search (with optimistic or pessimistic schemes to move the matching array element), and binary searching.

The application supports special DATA statements (inspired by legacy BASIC programming) to quickly enter data into statistical registers, memory registers, and array variables. In addition, the application supports reading and writing data to text files. The commands available allow you to transfer data between files and memory registers or array variables.

The application supports GTO and GSB commands with the ability to use indirection. You can also use recursive calls to a subroutine. If you use local variables in recursive calls, each called subroutine will have its own version of local variables!

The CPRAC application supports an extensive library of math functions including common probability PDF, CDF, and inverse CDF, along with Zeta, Chebychev, Legendre, Hermite, Laguerre, sine integral, cosine integral, Bessel functions, and many more functions. The statistical features support using the statistical registers to calculate the mean, confidence interval for the mean, standard deviation, confidence interval for the standard deviation, linear regression statistics and confidence intervals for the latter. The application supports a second approach for statistical calculations that allows you to perform multiple regression between three variables, search the best regression model between two variables, and search the best multiple regression model between 3 variables.

The application supports a rich set of testing between the X and Y registers (with the ability to specify the number of program steps to skip if the test fails), and the X and then the memory registers. In addition, there is the familiar ISG and DSE loop controlling command, plus the new DSL loop control command. These commands work on the new range of 10,000 memory registers. I have also included HP-41C legacy loop control versions that work on 1000 memory registers. I also introduce the FOR command that allows you to implement BASIC-like FOR loops. The command that test the stat of flags include ones that can test and set, clear, or flip (i.e. toggle) the state of a flag. In addition, there are commands that can test the combined states of contiguous flags!

The application also supports two versions of SOLVE and INTEGRATE. One version can use subroutines coded in your program. The other version can use RPN expressions that you can supply at runtime!

After you download and unzip the application’s file, I highly recommend that you view the manual for the application and browse over the features and list of functions.

I hope you enjoy my labor of three months of daily programming and documentation. I had fun writing the application. I have fun using it and I hope you have fun with it too!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)