ebay alias
01-02-2016, 06:36 PM
ebay alias
Hi

I'm trying to get in contact with "garboco", a guy that sells on ebay. Does anyone has a email of him?

Matthias
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2016, 06:42 PM
RE: ebay alias
Hi Matthias,

As I saw, he sells a lot of HP related items. Sorry for suggesting something stupid, have you tried to contact him via Ebay?

Regards,
Bon

HP-11, HP-41C, HP-41CV, HP-41CX, MATH/STAT, Surveying, X MEM, 82143A printer, 82104A card reader
Find all posts by this user
01-02-2016, 06:48 PM
He does not accept contact on ebay ;(
01-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Try their listings. Sometime you can ask the seller a question from within the listing itself.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
01-02-2016, 08:41 PM
I have just sent a generic message to that seller, as follows:

1) Used this link:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/garboco

2) It allows me to click on the "Contact" link in the upper right side;

3) Then checked the box "This is not about an item" and clicking "CONTINUE" takes me to the usual eBay contact form;

4) I had just to type the number in the image caption ("For added security, please enter the verification code shown in the image") and I could successfully send a eBay message to the seller.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

01-02-2016, 09:03 PM
(01-02-2016 08:41 PM)jebem Wrote:  I have just sent a generic message to that seller ...

We are all familiar with the mechanics of sending messages to eBay sellers, but Garboco was identified as an unfriendly seller years ago in forum posts and in Bob Prosperi's eBay presentation at HHC 2014. To this day he has never responded to any of my questions posed through eBay.

Dave
01-02-2016, 09:59 PM
... Garboco was identified as an unfriendly seller years ago...
[/quote]

Beware of buying items from that seller, they often reek of tobacco smoke.
01-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Coburlin, my deal old friend!!!
I should have remember you comparing your listings.
01-02-2016, 10:46 PM
(01-02-2016 09:03 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 08:41 PM)jebem Wrote:  I have just sent a generic message to that seller ...

We are all familiar with the mechanics of sending messages to eBay sellers, but Garboco was identified as an unfriendly seller years ago in forum posts and in Bob Prosperi's eBay presentation at HHC 2014. To this day he has never responded to any of my questions posed through eBay.

Dave

Even earlier... ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
01-02-2016, 10:50 PM
(01-02-2016 10:36 PM)HP-Collection Wrote:  Coburlin, my deal old friend!!!
I should have remember you comparing your listings.

That's nice, actually... :D

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
01-03-2016, 07:45 AM
There was never any chance I would have purchased from this seller, given his prices. How has he managed to maintain a 100% positive feedback rating?

David Brunell
Houston, Texas
01-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Mybe selfbuying by another account?
01-03-2016, 09:22 AM
(01-02-2016 09:03 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  

Dave

Thanks for the enlightenment, Dave.
After reading a couple of answers offering help to the OP, I was under the impression that the OP was not able to contact the seller due to some kind of eBay technical issues/setup.
Often some actions are blocked under specific conditions, like browser type/setup/plugins, localized eBay portals, etc..

Now it is obvious that it is not the case here.

Concerning that eBay seller:
It looks like yet another person making a living on eBay by exploring the avid collectors around the world with extravagant high "buy it now" price tags.

Yet that seller is able to maintain a perfect record as a buyer and as a seller, moving a large number of items monthly!
How is this possible?

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

01-03-2016, 09:40 AM
AFAIK, that would cost him some fees. Maybe it pays for him nevertheless. Coburlin and his alter-egos are an old phenomenon.

d:-(
01-03-2016, 12:17 PM
(01-02-2016 09:03 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  We are all familiar with the mechanics of sending messages to eBay sellers, but Garboco was identified as an unfriendly seller years ago in forum posts and in Bob Prosperi's eBay presentation at HHC 2014. To this day he has never responded to any of my questions posed through eBay.

I see. Thank you for the background on this seller. I was not aware of the rich history.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
01-03-2016, 07:42 PM
(01-03-2016 12:17 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 09:03 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  We are all familiar with the mechanics of sending messages to eBay sellers, but Garboco was identified as an unfriendly seller years ago in forum posts and in Bob Prosperi's eBay presentation at HHC 2014. To this day he has never responded to any of my questions posed through eBay.

I see. Thank you for the background on this seller. I was not aware of the rich history.

Rich he must be by now... what a shame.
01-04-2016, 03:15 AM
He has made me lowball offers on a few things I have sold, and has purchased a few things I have sold at what I thought was a pretty high but not ridiculous price. I now see some of those things for sale at a 300% markup.

I bought a 71B with a tape drive and a finance module to get the tape drive, and then sold the 71B and he bought the finance module for $130, which is now listed for $350. I thought 130 for a finance module was a high price, but I suppose someone will pay 350 eventually.
01-04-2016, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 12:43 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(01-04-2016 03:15 AM)jracca Wrote:  He has made me lowball offers on a few things I have sold, and has purchased a few things I have sold at what I thought was a pretty high but not ridiculous price. I now see some of those things for sale at a 300% markup.

I bought a 71B with a tape drive and a finance module to get the tape drive, and then sold the 71B and he bought the finance module for $130, which is now listed for $350. I thought 130 for a finance module was a high price, but I suppose someone will pay 350 eventually.

That's his modus operandi, no doubt. What amazes me more than a positive feedback record is that there *are* still people buying his auctions!! This is a free world and we're all free to choose how to get ripped off, I guess.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)