Qt DLL's needed to publish emulator?
01-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Qt DLL's needed to publish emulator?
I know other projects have Qt-based emulators.
I'd like to know how the WP34S emulator (or other project) in Qt was packaged, what DLL libraries are needed? I'm planning to release the Qt-based newRPL emulator for Windows and I'm not sure what DLL's need to be packaged.
Other operating systems are not a problem, as the user can install the Qt packages and is good to go.
Is there a good (open source) installer creator?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: Qt DLL's needed to publish emulator?
Did you had a look a wp34s's QtGui Makefile?
It is based on Qt 4.8 and copy some dll for windows, uses a Qt provided tool for OSX and relies on Qt being already installed on Linux.
For Qt5, the process is slightly different as you need to copy "platform" files too but basic idea is the same.

I do not know of any installer but they may exists. But when adding the Qt emulators to the wp34s project, I wanted to limit external dependencies to the maximum. Hence the choice of doing everything by hand.
01-17-2016, 04:15 AM
(01-16-2016 08:31 PM)pascal_meheut Wrote:  Did you had a look a wp34s's QtGui Makefile?
It is based on Qt 4.8 and copy some dll for windows, uses a Qt provided tool for OSX and relies on Qt being already installed on Linux.
For Qt5, the process is slightly different as you need to copy "platform" files too but basic idea is the same.

I do not know of any installer but they may exists. But when adding the Qt emulators to the wp34s project, I wanted to limit external dependencies to the maximum. Hence the choice of doing everything by hand.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll look into that makefile.
01-18-2016, 01:29 PM
For the record, in case it helps others, I used the following to know where to look for the required DLL's:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html

It guided me through the whole process.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)