[UPDATE] NOTEPAD++ - now with autocomplete
02-24-2017, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 11:23 AM by toml_12953.)
RE: NOTEPAD++ - now with autocomplete
(02-23-2017 11:56 AM)jrozsas Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 03:05 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I find a problem with the right arrow in ->HMS and the small exponent E in a number like 3.45E72

Tom L
I dont understand. Put images from your notepad, please.

The question mark below should be an exponent symbol. The font my Notepad++ defaults to is Prime Sans Mono. When I change the font to blank, I can see the E.

Code:
FOR V FROM 0 TO 3?8 STEP 1000000 DO

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2017, 10:43 AM
(02-24-2017 11:12 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 11:56 AM)jrozsas Wrote:  I dont understand. Put images from your notepad, please.

The question mark below should be an exponent symbol. The font my Notepad++ defaults to is Prime Sans Mono. When I change the font to blank, I can see the E.

Code:
FOR V FROM 0 TO 3?8 STEP 1000000 DO

Interesting. I did not know this was happening.

Leo

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2017, 01:34 PM
When I move the symbols ≠ ≤ ≥ from keywords to operators (that's how I'd like to treat them), they don't take on the color of operators. Is there a way to get them to have the same color as the other operators such as "< <= <> = := == > >=" ?

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
03-03-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: [UPDATE] NOTEPAD++ - now with autocomplete
Some IDEs can configure in their code editor, so that specialized external editors (as notepad++) can modify files, we want that HPP-Group please the adhere in a next release to HPPCK (HP-Prime connectivity Kit), because it is very laborious to be copying and pasting from notepad++ to the editor of HPPCK
03-03-2017, 04:50 PM
(03-03-2017 02:58 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Some IDEs can configure in their code editor, so that specialized external editors (as notepad++) can modify files, we want that HPP-Group please the adhere in a next release to HPPCK (HP-Prime connectivity Kit), because it is very laborious to be copying and pasting from notepad++ to the editor of HPPCK

+1

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-29-2017, 02:36 AM
Can you provide the PT-BR version of the xml you made? Smile
04-29-2017, 09:13 AM
neat work!

I wanted to do something similar but as usual a community (in whatever communities around non trivial interests) is always at least one step ahead!

Thanks for sharing!

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
09-17-2020, 08:57 PM
(05-21-2016 12:34 PM)jrozsas Wrote:  
(05-21-2016 05:39 AM)Brad Barton Wrote:  I'm having trouble getting this working. I've copied the files to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs directory, but the "HP Prime" option doesn't appear in the Language menu, nor do I get autocomplete hints. Am I missing something obvious?

SOLVED: For those having the same problem, here's what worked for me.

1. Copy both of the original files (HP Prime.xml and userDefineLang.xml) downloaded from http://www.hpcalc.org to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs directory.

2. Open Notepad++ and pull down the Language menu, and select "Define your Language".....

Well, I believe that many did not understand a detail I explained in a previous post, which should be causing problems.
The procedure that you did, though somehow it worked, it is not correct and not the simplest.I will explain the procedure, which is very simple.

1) Note that there is a website (http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=7564) where you will download a file.
This HPLANG.ZIP file contains the following:
a) HP Prime.xml
b) HPLang.gif
c) userDefineLang.xml
What we need is to import this language. To do so, in Notepad ++, click "Define your Language".
Then click button IMPORTING .
Select the file userDefineLang.xml (unzip HPLANG.ZIP)

2) Now you need to download the HP Prime.zip file. (http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-5334.html)
This HP Prime.zip file contains the following:
a) HP Prime.xml
This HP Prime.xml file is different from the file with the same name as HP Prime.xml
This HP Prime.xml copy to C:\Program Files(x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs

So I was having issues with uploading the HP Prime languange and tried following these steps, but ran into some issues. First I could not find the API folder in the Notepad++/plugins. It took me a while but I found that if you activate the autocomplete in the Notepad++ like in the video, then go to the folder C:\Program Files\Notepad++\autoCompletion and paste in the HP Prime.xml file and restart the application that it automatically adds the language with autocomplete and tips. jrozsas has done an awesome job of tring to help us who speak english so thank you for taking the time to help.
09-17-2020, 09:08 PM
(03-03-2017 02:58 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Some IDEs can configure in their code editor, so that specialized external editors (as notepad++) can modify files, we want that HPP-Group please the adhere in a next release to HPPCK (HP-Prime connectivity Kit), because it is very laborious to be copying and pasting from notepad++ to the editor of HPPCK

When you save the file in Notepad++ if you save the file with .hppck at the end and select All types(*.*) it will save the file as a HPPCK file or if you are writing a program for your HP Prime than save it as an hpprgm it will open up as a program on your prime without having to copy and paste.
09-17-2020, 09:55 PM

You can change it yourself without having to wait for a new release.

Open notepad++
Click Language
Point at User Defined Language
Click User Defined Language
In the upper-left of the dialog box, change User Language from User Defined Language
to HP Prime if it's not already set to that.
Now change the Ext. box to hppck
Close the dialog box and Notepad++

Now when you click on a program with an hppck extension, it will open with the HP Prime syntax highlighted.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)