HP-15c Android app sale at aution sites?
12-16-2015, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2016 05:33 PM by Marcio.)
HP-15c Android app sale at aution sites?
Hello,

Does anybody know how that works? The seller claims it's genuine!

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: HP-15c Android app for Android for sale at aution sites?
(12-16-2015 03:35 PM)Marcio Wrote:  Hello,

Does anybody know how that works? The seller claims it's genuine!

Thanks

You have not given the developer's and the name of the application.
I saw in google play two apps for 15c (15CSciCalcDemo and MXCalc15c) and one for 16c (wrpn by emmet-gray). All trial or free so you could try before purchase.
12-16-2015, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 11:09 AM by Marcio.)
I saw the ad on a Brazilian auction site. Asked a question and the seller said the app would be downloaded from a link sent to the buyer's email account. I have no idea who the seller is.

I already have the app from HP and found this one while searching for actual 15c on an auction site. I was surprised to see they are selling apps there and was curious to know how they tricked the Google app store.

Edit: Fixed typo.
12-17-2015, 01:28 AM
(12-16-2015 11:55 PM)Marcio Wrote:  I saw the add on a Brazilian auction site. Asked a question and the seller said the app would be downloaded from a link sent to the buyer's email account. I have no idea who the seller is.

I already have the app from HP and found this one while searching for actual 15c on an auction site. I was surprised to see they are selling apps there and was curious to know how they tricked the Google app store.

There are utilities for the Android that will allow you to "back-up" an App for re-installation later. That's probably what they are doing. Back-up a legitimate app from the Play Store, then send links to the file to purchasers. This would entail "side-loading" the app - which can be very dangerous if you are unsure that it doesn't contain a pay-load of some type. Something to stay clear of.

Of course, he may be the developer of the app and just doesn't wish to sell it through the Play Store. Again, would entail side-loading and you run a risk in doing this.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)