Bug. User keyboard ineffectice on certain keys
12-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Bug. User keyboard ineffectice on certain keys
Hey there.
I haven't found anything regarding this via the search function so I made this thread.
I'm new here. German automotive engineering student, swapped to the Prime from a CP330 today.

I've made a program that assigns all greek lower- and uppercase letters to their respective layers on the user keyboard, because the [CHAR] menu is rather clumsy.
Now, I've found that the [A B/C] is completely irresponsive to usage of its assigned user keyboard, acting like no action was assigned.
It does, however, work flawlessly within the Notes menu.
The same thing occurs when attempting to use the [Enter] key.
Is this intentional? If so, why would it be?
It occurs on the Prime, the Virtual Calculator *and* the Android app, so this is definitely not an error with my device.
I'm running 2015.0617 on all of them.

Best regards, Tobias
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2015, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 10:59 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Bug. User keyboard ineffectice on certain keys
(12-02-2015 10:37 PM)towe Wrote:  I've made a program that assigns all greek lower- and uppercase letters to their respective layers on the user keyboard, because the [CHAR] menu is rather clumsy.

No, this is an unfortunate limitation at this point. Basically, it is how those buttons are handled in places like the home screen vs the note editor.

Did you know about the menu on the shift-9 button? Does that have what you need?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-03-2015, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 04:08 AM by Fortin.)
Tim is correct that some keys have another purpose and are handled differently, but keep in mind that the user keyboard allows for alpha, shift, and shift+alpha combinations. What you are trying to do should work on the problem 'letter' keys if alpha or shift+alpha is also pressed.

Trying this out should just be a matter of editing the "KEY" function names from K_ to KA_ or KSA_ .

Also, UPPER() and LOWER() handle the Greek letters too!
12-03-2015, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 07:21 AM by towe.)
I had found that menu, but it's far from complete.

I used KA for the uppercase greek letter, but even then it didn't seem to work.
The user keyboard should really overwrite any button, regardless of function.

edit: Is there any logical reason behind why some of the extra selection tables are marked with keys for each choice (such as Shift+6) and some are not? That really downgrades efficiency.
Also, there should be a way to change between the different menus Math, CAS and App via keypress and not touchscreen.

edit2:
The a b/c key does work as intended for Alpha and Shift+Alpha variants. Normal and Shift produce the original button's result.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)