CASIO fx-4200P
11-30-2015, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 11:52 AM by ElectroDuende.)
CASIO fx-4200P
I saw yesterday Jebem's thread about his recently obtained Casio fx-4100P and I couldn't help to remember the very similar fx-4200P that I used during my High School years.

It was the first scientific calculator that I ever had. It was inherited from my cousin, who went to university for a non scientific degree, and didn't need it any longer. I was later inherited by my brother, when I started engineering and (after testing for someweeks an HP42s and selling it) I got a 48G. Unfortunatelly that unit was somewhere lost, but I managed to get another one on e-bay recently (in much more better shape, by the way). And from this last one is where I got the pictures:

booklet type cover:

Front view:

To the 7 numeric registers (M + k1...k6) and 63 "step" (characters) formula memory fo 4100P, this one added up to 99 formula registers (with a total max. of 279 steps). Each register can hold more than one formula, being able to re-use previous results in later formulas (but only inside the same register), if you separate them using colons.

[S] CAPA gives you the free memory:

Just enter a formula, press [EXE] and it will ask you for the vaiables (each letter is considered a variable, and two letters together imply you multiply them):

It will later show the result as "F= " and a second later the numerical answer. F will have now that value assigned, so further formulas in the same register will use it. Once the whoe register has been executed, those assignations are lost, unless you [EXE] the same register again.

It can use "engineering prefixes" from T (tera) to f (fempto) both for entry and for display purposes, and can work in 4 numeric bases (with up to 32bits) wit five logical operations.

It was a pretty amazing machine for me when I got it in the early 90's...

It also has the usual 2 variable statistics, linear regressions, hyperbolics, polar-rectangular conversions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: Casio fx-4200P
Damn, I have to chase one of this for my collection Smile

Thank you for sharing it here.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

11-30-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: Casio fx-4200P
(11-30-2015 11:45 AM)jebem Wrote:  Damn, I have to chase one of this for my collection Smile

Thank you for sharing it here.

It wasn't easy at all... I wanted it because it was my first scientific, and I had been searching for months before getting one! (ebay automatic alerts help a lot). Seems it wasn't a very popular model...
01-10-2024, 09:35 AM
RE: CASIO fx-4200P
(11-30-2015 11:32 AM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  ...

It can use "engineering prefixes" from T (tera) to f (fempto) both for entry and for display purposes, and can work in 4 numeric bases (with up to 32bits) wit five logical operations.
Hi folks,
digging out this old thread...

The capability to enter and display digits in engineering format like "10k" is quit nice.
Unfortunately, ist not possible to enter f.e. "4,7k" in the format "4k7" as shown in schematics. That's a design- flaw in my opinion.
But even the latest Casio fx-CG50 can't handle this properly...

By the way, if you are looking for other Casio- stuff, check out this website:
https://ledudu.com/pockets.asp?menu=1&lg=eng

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)