HP Prime on iOS
11-09-2015, 06:47 PM
HP Prime on iOS
Hi all.

So I basically got an iPhone 6s+ to mess about calc's emulators, and I must say I'm fascinated. I installed m48+ with my custom 48g skin and it looks and feels wonderful, not much impressed with HP50G as it feels sluggish, slow and unresponsive, and no custom skins.
For the level of math that I do, the HP48G is almost there, when I really crank it I take out the real HP Prime out of the bag. I'm trying to master the Prime as I know my fateful 48Gx for programming, but I don't use it as much, what I really need/want is a HP Prime everywhere.

Does anybody knows about the iOS version?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: HP Prime on iOS
See here, I'm not crazy, or not?
11-10-2015, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 12:25 AM by Tim Wessman.)
(11-09-2015 10:51 PM)jefierro Wrote:  See here, I'm not crazy, or not?

There is no publicly available ios app at this time. Where/how did you find that document?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-10-2015, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 01:04 AM by jefierro.)
Thanks Tim.

That document simply enough is the top result for "hp prime ios" search in google.

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=hp+pr...a5-QG3uKFw.
11-10-2015, 03:34 AM
The HP site says for $19.99, I can download the app. However it directs you to Googleplay.
11-10-2015, 06:14 AM
What I see interesting on http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/prime...r/app.html is that there are two tablet pictures with fullsreen graphs. How can this be achieved?

http://www.www8-hp.com/us/en/images/powe...979018.jpg

http://www.www8-hp.com/us/en/images/feat...979020.jpg

Prime, 15C CE
11-10-2015, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 07:41 PM by Tim Wessman.)
If I had to guess, what probably happened here was a marketing person had someone make a flier/pdf thing and had the information wrong. Else that is an earlier version that wasn't meant to be posted. I know I reviewed a pdf similar to this at one point and made corrections to it that aren't in that one.

Same explanation for the large screen thing. You'd probably be surprised (or not?) how many times things happen and someone forgets to consult the R&D people...

TW

11-11-2015, 06:22 AM
Hello,

Ho my, don't marketing people LOVE photoshop :-)

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
11-11-2015, 04:43 PM
By the way, what is meant by a multidimensional CAS?
11-23-2015, 02:44 AM
In the physics lab I am at the old timers all have their Hp 15c and I have my HP Prime, but my Prime is great, but it doesn't fit in my pocket like their 15c. Therefore I can't carry it all the time. I use it mostly in my office, or I take it to the lab when I know I'll be crunching numbers(within the domain of the calculator) while data is coming in. Believe it or not, a computer is great and fast, but the input method sucks. Sometimes you just want to take the difference of a few peaks or use some nice functions I made on the fly while looking at the monior. Which brings me back, I don't always have my Prime on me, and I would definitely spend the money for the $20 app on iOS for the occasional convince , even though I spent over $100 on the physical calculator.

I wish I wasn't invested so much on iOS as far as music and apps or I would move to android for HP prime calculator, but the reality is that HP should try to reach as many people as they can, including iOS.

One final note id love it if they made the HP 15c again, I can't get the old timers to sell me theirs.
11-23-2015, 05:32 PM
(11-23-2015 02:44 AM)luisphysics Wrote:  In the physics lab I am at the old timers all have their Hp 15c...

One final note id love it if they made the HP 15c again, I can't get the old timers to sell me theirs.

You might take a look at these: https://www.swissmicros.com/#

Keep the dream alive, eh?
11-23-2015, 07:20 PM
(11-11-2015 04:43 PM)parisse Wrote:  By the way, what is meant by a multidimensional CAS?

I wonder if this is supposed to be a reference to the "2D input" (also known as textbook input). Maple calls textbook input "2D input" which is different from the "1D input" (algebraic input). And since 2D is one more dimension than 1D, the marketing folks have gone with "multidimensional" to make it sound even more impressive.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
11-24-2015, 01:49 AM
(11-23-2015 05:32 PM)HokieKev Wrote:  You might take a look at these: https://www.swissmicros.com/#

Keep the dream alive, eh?

I saw that a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure about the quality of the product. I saw a YouTube video of the conference that HP fans do each year, they mentioned something about something being wrong with the product. Then Swiss fixed it, but it still worries me.
11-24-2015, 04:53 AM
(11-23-2015 07:20 PM)Han Wrote:  And since 2D is one more dimension than 1D, the marketing folks have gone with "multidimensional" to make it sound even more impressive.

I've never been able to get any sort of consistent answer from anyone on that myself...

TW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)