Use of variables
01-26-2014, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 08:54 PM by Tugdual.)
Use of variables
During normal calculation, I often store intermediate results in memory.
On the 15C I would simply use STO 1 (2 keys) and RCL 1 (2 keys) for example. Simple, and I know where 1...0 keys are located without even looking at the keyboard.
On the Prime, I have to use letters. The location of letters is less natural than finding digits so I need to check the keyboard for those shiny orange paintings, very difficult to read. Ok say we use variable A top left.
Now I need to use Shift EEX (Sto) Alpha Vars (A). 4 keys.
So you'll say I can use the Sto> on screen and I'm only left with Alpha Vars. Still 3 keys. Except there is no Sto in RPN...

Am I missing a clever way to store intermediate results during calculations? Or the new paradigma is that everything is on screen and I should just pick results with the finger?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 09:08 PM by Han.)
RE: Use of variables
[Shift][()][Alpha][Vars][Enter] - places 'A' on the stack
[Shift][EEX] stores

If you have ever used an RPL machine, this will look familiar. If your only experience has been RPN, then it will seem very foreign. As for keystrokes, it takes more because the keyboard was probably not originally designed for RPN/RPL (that is my own opinion).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
01-26-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Use of variables
(01-26-2014 09:06 PM)Han Wrote:  [Shift][()][Alpha][Vars][Enter] - places 'A' on the stack
[Shift][EEX] stores

If you have ever used an RPL machine, this will look familiar. If your only experience has been RPN, then it will seem very foreign. As for keystrokes, it takes more because the keyboard was probably not originally designed for RPN/RPL (that is my own opinion).
My goodness, I would never have guessed that, thanks for the hint Han.
This being said, I find it even more cumbersome than other modes (7 key strokes)!

I would think that the use of touch screen is probably the prefered option over memories.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)