Number format in CAS
10-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Number format in CAS
Hello !

I noticed that the number format in CAS is always the same as in Home, independently of what I select in CAS Settings.
When I select Floating 3 in Home and Scientific 6 in CAS, all the results are in Floating 3 format, in both Home and CAS.

I know Cas is not intended as a modality to work with real numbers, but as you can select a number format, than you should obtain the result as you defined it. (Stomped on this looking for the 0.5-0.3-0.2 of the "HP Prime miscalculating" thread by Luc4as)

Am I missing something?

Thank you for the help

Reto
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Number format in CAS
Hello,

It actually is kind of disabled at this point. It will impact some number printing in CAS error messages, but isn't used for the main display in the CAS at this time. However, it has been left in there for a "future use".

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-23-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Number format in CAS
Thank you Tim !

As said it is not a problem, first of all to work with real numbers you will use Home and second if you want to change the number format you can do it in the home settings.

But it would be better to change it in the manual (page 50), there it is said that with it you can select the number format for displayed solutions in CAS.

Have a nice week end (here it is already Friday evening)

Reto

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)