Virtual calculator and wine
10-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Virtual calculator and wine
Hello !

Did someone already try to install the virtual calculator version 2015 6 17 (8151) on linux via wine?

The last version worked without problems, but i tried to install the new one without success.
Tried directly via wine and also via PlayOnLinux, which usually helps, but it din not work.

Some suggestion?

Thank you very much

Reto
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2015, 06:16 AM
RE: Virtual calculator and wine
Hello,

Can you tell us what the error was? or did it not install with no errors at all?
Can you try installing the emu on a window machine, then copy the install directory on a USB stick and run the emulator on the linux machine from the stick?

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Hello Cyrille,

Here the output of the installation in wine:

reto@proton ~ $ wine HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_2015_06_17.exe
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\users\\reto\\Temp\\{cd65186b-cd97-4a91-9bc6-38742f243767}\\", 00000000): stub

PlayOnLinux says:

Error in POL_Wine
Sembra che Wine sia crashato

And when I try to start the virtual prime from the directory I copied from windows I obtain this:

reto@proton ~/HP Prime Virtual Calculator $ wine HPPrime.exe
err:module:import_dll Library mfc120u.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\reto\\HP Prime Virtual Calculator\\HPPrime.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR120.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\reto\\HP Prime Virtual Calculator\\HPPrime.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP120.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\reto\\HP Prime Virtual Calculator\\HPPrime.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\reto\\HP Prime Virtual Calculator\\HPPrime.exe" failed, status c0000135

I am not a wine expert, so I don't know what to do from here...
The older version installed without problems, I also could install the CK, it did not connect to the real Prime because of the USB problem in wine, but it connected to the Virtual Prime.

Thank you very much

Beaucoup de salutations

Reto
10-20-2015, 07:13 PM
For the "120" DLLs, you need to install the MSVC 2013 redistributable runtime.
10-20-2015, 10:08 PM
(10-20-2015 07:13 PM)debrouxl Wrote:  For the "120" DLLs, you need to install the MSVC 2013 redistributable runtime.

I tried to install it, but I have the same problem as when installing the Virtual Calculator. Is the MSVC dll not already included in the installation of the virtual prime? This error occurs only when I try to start the exe file of an already done installation (done under win 7)

Here the error message when installing MSVC

reto@proton ~/Scaricati $ wine vcredist_x86.exe
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\users\\reto\\Temp\\{f65db027-aff3-4070-886a-0d87064aabb1}\\", 00000000): stub

I tried also the 64 bits version, same problem.
10-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Hello,

Prime does need and use the MFC 2013 dll...

Apparently, they do not install for some reason. I do not know if it is only for you or a general issue.

winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks) seems to be a script that will help you install dll such as the redistributable MFC one easily, I have no clue if it will work or not as I am not a linux user myself, but it might be worth a try.

For information, we migrated from using Visual Studio 2008 to VS 2013 with the last release, which is why you are seeing this.

Good luck,
Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Merci Cyrille.

I tried today to install he MFC 2013 dll with winetricks. I could not find the dll between the ones winetrick is offering. I will try to go further in the next days and let you know.

Salutations

Reto Ambrosini

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)