Calculator help reference (all the entries)
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 08:14 AM by eried.)
Calculator help reference (all the entries)
Hi, I needed to extract the calculator reference from the device, so maybe this can be useful for someone (check the attached file) to print a quick reference, or anything like that.
This help will be an automatic/contextual reference for my little editor Big Grin

[Image: primepad_soon.gif]

How to capture data from other applications Tongue

Attached File(s)
.xlsx  commands.xlsx (Size: 78.23 KB / Downloads: 289)

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: Calculator help reference (all the entries)
What other features do you have planned? It looks like it would be quite useful even at this stage.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
01-22-2014, 07:37 PM
(01-22-2014 07:16 PM)Han Wrote:  What other features do you have planned? It looks like it would be quite useful even at this stage.

The editor is included in primecomm http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-36.html already (without this help)

For the next releases (primepad only):
-Snippets to quickly insert code templates
-Intellisense and better highlighting
-Lexer to format the code smartly and maybe detect dumb errors (like pre-compilation but this requires a lot of extra work)
-Grid with symbols to insert them directly

... and I think that's all for the editor.

01-22-2014, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 07:49 PM by Han.)
(01-22-2014 07:37 PM)eried Wrote:  The editor is included in primecomm http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-36.html already (without this help)

-Lexer to format the code smartly and maybe detect dumb errors (like pre-compilation but this requires a lot of extra work)

Is intellisense when the editor can intelligently detect a code block such as IF THEN END (maybe highlight the row numbers in the column designated for line numbering)? This would be very useful.

I should probably just install the program and find out for myself, but what about auto-completion?

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Intellisense is the name MS give to auto-completion. I want to add auto-completion but I mixed this concept with the snippets (so my idea is if you write IF you will be able to auto-complete "with the snippet" from the control that will pop up in the editor, or just complete the command for the other commands without "blocks"). What you are saying is about collapsible code and it is also possible (cames after building a good lexer configuration with all the commands).

Since I needed all the commands to highlight them properly and mark those commands corresponding to "blocks", this help reference is 2x useful Big Grin

01-22-2014, 09:09 PM
As you have seen, the first update was mainly about the calc (filling discovered holes, adding features).
By now CK looks like the poor parent.
It is quite safe to bet that further correction and new feature will be added to the calc on next release. and it is quite safe to bet that CK will evolve to something more friendly.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
01-22-2014, 09:47 PM
(01-22-2014 09:09 PM)patrice Wrote:  As you have seen, the first update was mainly about the calc (filling discovered holes, adding features).
It is quite safe to bet that further correction and new feature will be added to the calc on next release. and it is quite safe to bet that CK will evolve to something more friendly.

The guys working on the Connectivity Kit need to play a lot more in safe areas, they can't mess the complete user base just by wandering adding little shiny stuff. But I am free to add anything Big Grin until my obsession stops and I need to learn another topic Tongue

But wanting more features maybe conflicts with your quote from Einstein? Is this simple enough? heheh:

[Image: Image%202014-01-22%20at%206.42.39%20PM.png]

01-22-2014, 10:59 PM
(01-22-2014 09:47 PM)eried Wrote:  
(01-22-2014 09:09 PM)patrice Wrote:  As you have seen, the first update was mainly about the calc (filling discovered holes, adding features).

The guys working on the Connectivity Kit need to play a lot more in safe areas, they can't mess the complete user base just by wandering adding little shiny stuff. But I am free to add anything Big Grin until my obsession stops and I need to learn another topic Tongue

But wanting more features maybe conflicts with your quote from Einstein? Is this simple enough? heheh:
What I say is that CK is really minimalist, and it is the next thing that one can expect to evolve.
No, Einstein quote is aimed to Redmond, Every time I change PC, my screen get bigger (fine) but the new windows interface eats more than what I gained in screen size and I endup with smaller working space (fucking ridiculous ribon); Do you think I am more efficient with less working space?

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
(01-22-2014 07:37 PM)eried Wrote:  
(01-22-2014 07:16 PM)Han Wrote:  What other features do you have planned? It looks like it would be quite useful even at this stage.

The editor is included in primecomm http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-36.html already (without this help)

A debug mode would be nice.
01-22-2014, 11:43 PM
(01-22-2014 11:39 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  A debug mode would be nice.
Agreed

Patrice
01-23-2014, 12:13 AM
(01-22-2014 11:39 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  A debug mode would be nice.

I don't think the emulator talks back anything allowing to debug directly (indirectly = simulating keys/touches, reading the screen via ocr/other). It can be made but it's a major milestone that goes away at least for my purposes building this alternative toolkit.

01-23-2014, 08:22 AM
Hello,

Woha, this must have been a pain!
how did you get the help data from the calculator?

Cyrille
01-23-2014, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 05:54 AM by Dominik Holenstein.)
Erwin,

The Excel list of the commands ist very useful!

I have just pimped it a bit with a free text search field for each column. The Excel Workbook is attached to this post as a zip file.

All the best,
Dominik

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.zip  HP Prime - Commands with Search - v2.zip (Size: 94.58 KB / Downloads: 185)
01-23-2014, 12:47 PM
(01-23-2014 08:22 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Woha, this must have been a pain!
how did you get the help data from the calculator?

Cyrille

I copied them with a windows macro, not really a pain because CTRL+C is quite smart in the "emulator" Big Grin

(01-23-2014 10:37 AM)Dominik Holenstein Wrote:  Erwin,

I have just pimped it a bit with a free text search field for each column. The Excel Workbook is attached to this post as a zip file.

All the best,
Dominik

Cool! Besides search, I think what is missing is to split the examples into another column and make it like the pocket guide from hp49g times

01-23-2014, 09:19 PM
(01-23-2014 10:37 AM)Dominik Holenstein Wrote:  Erwin,

All the best,
Dominik

Dominik,

Could you please check your original file? In the one I downloaded to my iPad there seems to be a hidden page 2 containing product price information?

Cheers, Terje
01-24-2014, 06:03 AM
(01-23-2014 09:19 PM)Terje Vallestad Wrote:  Dominik,

Could you please check your original file? In the one I downloaded to my iPad there seems to be a hidden page 2 containing product price information?

Cheers, Terje

Terje,

Many thanks for your message! I appreciate it very much. You are right, the file contained a price list. Fortunately, these are public prices.

I have removed this sheet and added a new version of the HP Prime Commands List to my post above.

Kind Regards,
Dominik
01-26-2014, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 05:47 PM by Terje Vallestad.)
(01-24-2014 06:03 AM)Dominik Holenstein Wrote:  I have removed this sheet and added a new version of the HP Prime Commands List to my post above.

Kind Regards,
Dominik

and here is a searchable pdf version

Cheers, Terje

Please now refer to this post
01-26-2014, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 02:15 PM by compsystems.)
other commands or functions (keyword) not listed in the catalog commands.pdf

/!\ SOME ONLY WORK IN CAS MODE

0: abs: example abs(poly1[-1,i,-i]); returns poly1[1,1,1] // absolute value of each element of an array

1: union: set[a,b,c,d,ee,f,g,h,ii] union set[ee,ii,ii,q]; returns set[a,b,c,d,ee,f,g,h,ii,q]

2: (..) : ranm(3,2,0 .. 1), coef1:=randpoly(2,1 .. 1.1) ; // & interval as two decimal dots (..)

3: ('): y:= x^2; { y', y'', y''' }; returns{2*x,2,0}

4: inf: inf;

5: &&: true && false; returns 0

6: ||: true || false; returns 1

7: true

8: false

9: &: expr("x^"&"2+x"); x^2+x // concatenate two strings

10: //: Commentary

11: set[] // make a set, set[a,b,c,d,ee,f,g,h,ii]

12: poly1[ ] // make a polynomial in a variable, poly1[-1,i,-i]

13: list[ ] // make a true list, list[ ee, ii ]; return { ee, ii }

14: \n: dim("\n"); return 1

15: \t: print("\tHello\nworld");

16: (?): example (3>4)? "true" : "false"; returns "false"

17: (: ) see ans example

18: (°′″ ); example 86°15′26.5″;

19: infinity: infinity; returns +/-inf

20: !=: 5!=7; returns 1

unknown

21: folder[]: folder[]; returns [[]] ??

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)