Specific charger for HP Prime G1?
08-04-2023, 05:09 PM
Specific charger for HP Prime G1?
Does the HP Prime G1 need a specific charger, power rating or cable? I can only seem to get mines to charge with a Micro cable that is connected to a PC. I have raspberry PI power cables that supply up to 2.1A on a USB micro plug, and they charge my G2 fine, I was pretty sure that they worked with the G1 before too.

I was doing some battery testing on my G1 last week, which involved some rapid discharge by connecting an Arduino via USB, solely to take more power quicker from the G1 to allow quicker discharge. Could I have damaged it and should it charge with any 5v power supply through a Micro plug?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: Specific charger for HP Prime G1?
I use a Samsung charger that came with my Galaxy S4 years ago.
08-04-2023, 08:04 PM
(08-04-2023 05:09 PM)matalog Wrote:  Does the HP Prime G1 need a specific charger, power rating or cable? I can only seem to get mines to charge with a Micro cable that is connected to a PC. I have raspberry PI power cables that supply up to 2.1A on a USB micro plug, and they charge my G2 fine, I was pretty sure that they worked with the G1 before too.

I was doing some battery testing on my G1 last week, which involved some rapid discharge by connecting an Arduino via USB, solely to take more power quicker from the G1 to allow quicker discharge. Could I have damaged it and should it charge with any 5v power supply through a Micro plug?

The one I have got with my G1 is 1A
08-05-2023, 08:15 PM
My Apple 1401 12W USB Power Adapter works well for nearly all of my items (phones, headphones, calcs, cameras, flashlights, etc.) which need to be charged.
Once I had an USB micro cable which didn't charge well, propably due to a bad contact area, but most of the cables never developed any problems.

However both my Prime G1 and G2 can be charged easily using the above setup.

-- Ray

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)