Is there a way to exit the Terminal display under program control?
01-21-2014, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 06:23 AM by veeblefester.)
Is there a way to exit the Terminal display under program control?
Under program control, I need to exit the Terminal display after some PRINT lines.

Not PRINT(); but exit the display.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Happy coding and may you see ' i No errors in the program ' with every compilation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2014, 07:14 AM
RE: Is there a way to exit the Terminal display under program control?
Have you tried holding ON+T ?

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2014, 07:27 AM
Hi,

your question is not that easy to answer as long as you haven't defined to where you want to exit to. You may have a look at the STARTVIEW(n) command. N is an integer starting at 0. I've experimented with a short test program:

EXPORT TermTst()
BEGIN
Print ("Test");
Getkey;
Startview(0);
END;
and varied n from 0 to 9 ending up in different views like e.g. setup view, etc. but it seems it is depending from where you started. Starting from the Home View of the Function app resulted in setup or plot view but starting from the spreadsheet app e.g. only produced an orange exclmation mark instead of changing the view.

Alas, the users manual seems to not say anything about this topic. Maybe Tim can sched some light so that experimenting is replaced by knowledge.

Best regards

Karl
01-21-2014, 07:37 AM
(01-21-2014 06:20 AM)veeblefester Wrote:  Under program control, I need to exit the Terminal display after some PRINT lines.

Not PRINT(); but exit the display.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You could try two STARTVIEWs

I.e.

STARTVIEW(−8,1);
STARTVIEW(−1,1);

Cheers, Terje
01-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Unfortunately none of these offerings exits the Terminal display under program control.

Need a line(s) that simply exits the Terminal display and displays whatever/wherever before the PRINT line(s).

Happy coding and may you see ' i No errors in the program ' with every compilation.
01-21-2014, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 04:53 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(01-21-2014 07:27 AM)Karl-Ludwig Butte Wrote:  Alas, the users manual seems to not say anything about this topic. Maybe Tim can sched some light so that experimenting is replaced by knowledge.

??????

Page 482 or about there in the "STARTVIEW" command. Same will be found in the built in help on the calculator.

As to why it doesn't go there... that means that view doesn't exist.

Quote:Syntax: STARTVIEW(n [,draw?])
Starts the nth view of the current app. If draw? is true (that is, not 0), it will force an immediate redrawing of the screen for that view.
The view numbers (n) are as follows:
Symbolic:0
Plot:1
Numeric:2
Symbolic Setup:3
Plot Setup:4
Numeric Setup:5
App Info: 6
Views Menu:7
First special view (Split Screen Plot Detail):8 Second special view (Split Screen Plot Table):9 Third special view (Autoscale):10
Fourth special view (Decimal):11
Fifth special view (Integer):12
Sixth special view (Trig):13
The special views in parentheses refer to the Function app, and may differ in other apps. The number of a special view corresponds to its position in the Views menu for that app. The first special view is launched by
STARTVIEW
Programming
Integer
STARTVIEW(8), the second with STARTVIEW(9), and so on.
You can also launch views that are not specific to an app by specifying a value for n that is less than 0:
HomeScreen:-1
Home Modes:-2
Memory Manager:-3
Applications Library:-4
Matrix Catalog:-5
List Catalog:-6
Program Catalog:-7
Notes Catalog:-8

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Hi Tim,

thanks for your advise. I noticed a difference in the pagecount: You wrote page 482 has the info in the users manual. I actually found it on page 546 in the July edition. Is there a newer version of the users manual?

Alas, veeblefester is right: STARTVIEW() doesn't solve his problem. Is there any command which simply exits the terminal mode and displays whatever was on the screen before?

I'm missing another function related to the PRINT command: One cannot specify the row and column where the expression should be printed. This would be an acceptable compromise for the also missing INFORM comand (see another post by me in this section of the forum).

Best regards

Karl
01-22-2014, 03:53 PM
That was problably a much older one. I've got a few versions on the computer and I really should go through and delete all the old ones... :-|

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)