problems with copy/paste of virtual keyboard code
10-13-2015, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 07:12 PM by ji3m.)
problems with copy/paste of virtual keyboard code
Since i only have the android prime, i copied the text out of primers vkb posting and pasted it into a new program.

But i get odd error messages on lines like

if c <> "" then

with the error before then.

The prama line also errors out.

Ive done a lot of copy/paste with no problems but this one is baffling

I even reset the calculator to no avail.

If i comment out the line the error moves to the next if .

I work with android Prime only for now on my
Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: problems with copy/paste of virtual keyboard code
I'm guessing it has to do with line end encoding. Some programs copy and paste cleanly while others don't.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-14-2015, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2015 05:35 AM by cyrille de brébisson.)
Hello,

Most likely, you have some hidden characters that are not supported by the parser/compiler.

The Font on Prime does not have a glyph for every character, and characters with no glyph do not "show up".

Unicode defines a HUGE number of "special" character, think spaces or carage returns, line feeds, page brakes...

Prime parser does support a number of these, but probably not ALL of them.
All it takes for your situation to arise is a system, or a program to generate one of these special characters (after all they are in the unicode "norm") to cause havoc.

The problem of course is that everyone seems to pick/handle a different part of the norm, thinking that they are doing the "right thing"...

Prime does try to support as many of these special characters as possible, but some might be missing, sorry. Unicode is a mess in this regard.

So, to fix your problem, ASSUME that you have hidden, non supported character, use the Check button to get the cursor around the issue and do some "erase/backspace" to recreate the spaces/CR that you see on the screen manually, this should solve the problem.
For example, if you have
Line 1|
Line 2
(with the cursor being placed on the |), then erase the section from "1" to "L" to get the following line
Line |ine2
and then retype the 1, the CR and the L to recreate the original text (but with any funny business removed)
Line 1
L|ine 2

and then click on check again to see if it did indeed fix it.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-14-2015, 07:51 PM
(10-14-2015 05:32 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  The Font on Prime does not have a glyph for every character, and characters with no glyph do not "show up".
[...]
Prime parser does support a number of these, but probably not ALL of them.
All it takes for your situation to arise is a system, or a program to generate one of these special characters (after all they are in the unicode "norm") to cause havoc.
[...]
So, to fix your problem, ASSUME that you have hidden, non supported character, use the Check button to get the cursor around the issue and do some "erase/backspace" to recreate the spaces/CR that you see on the screen manually, this should solve the problem.
Wouldn't it make more sense, if the Prime would display a placeholder when encountering unsupported characters?

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
10-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Ok. I downloaded the hppgrm version and installed on the windows virtual calculator
using prime 9 kit.
i the copied the text out and move it th the android prime.
Well now it has no errors.
But id doesnt work!!

Oh for the good old days battling unix and microsoft
over the line break. Just one little char difference caused
endless agony. Unix text files were one line long in dos.

I work with android Prime only for now on my
Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
10-15-2015, 05:57 AM
Hello

>But id doesnt work!!
Debug time?
The Prime debuger is quiet good (for a basic thing like this). You can either debug from the start (either through the UI or by doing debug(my_program(params))) or you can place the debug keyword anywhere in your program to place a breakpoint.

Then, while debuging, you get source level debuging, you can see your variables and you can click on edit to go directly to the program editor and start changing your program.

>Oh for the good old days battling unix and microsoft
>over the line break. Just one little char difference caused
>endless agony. Unix text files were one line long in dos.
Not "good old days". They are still there, and the battle is now 10 fold, thanks to unicode.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
The problem is most likely due to the android base being very old still (almost 6 months older then the current public release) and commands have been added since. Probably best to wait for just a little bit for the android to catch up...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)