Contextual HELP and ALT-GR (tiny suggestions for the prime devs)
01-19-2014, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 08:55 PM by eried.)
Contextual HELP and ALT-GR (tiny suggestions for the prime devs)
Suggestion #1: Can the help be contextual based on the cursor too?

Example:
Code:
PRI|NT("hello")
   ^

In this case, the Help button should show the PRINT help, not the program help. That's all. (program help will be displayed if nothing matched with the word near the cursor position)

Here is a little code that does this in java without regex or anything complex (if it looks too much work at first hand Big Grin)

Suggestion #2: Can ALT+GR button be ignored in the Emulator? This is needed for some chars in the Spanish (es-ES, es-LA) keyboard, like #, euro, [, {, etc and it is interpreted as SHIFT, so it is a REAL pain because the next button you press is shifted.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2014, 05:16 AM
RE: Contextual HELP and ALT-GR (tiny suggestions for the prime devs)
For suggestion #2, I think you can edit the "skin" files and make the keyboard behave however you want.

I think suggestion #1 (in both the program editor and command line) as well as other features such as line numbers, text coloring in the program editor (and maybe even in the on-calc Help), etc. have been mentioned back in the old forums. I hope that the devs get a chance to put those in for the next firmware -- these would certainly be welcome changes.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
01-22-2014, 01:54 AM
(01-21-2014 05:16 AM)Han Wrote:  For suggestion #2, I think you can edit the "skin" files and make the keyboard behave however you want.

Nice one!

In the .skin file, the key commented as shift is really on and the alpha is the shift. Since they use a generic "ctrl" keycode (17) I can't take appart left ctrl, but I just remapped the ctrl to the "context menu key":

[Image: Image%202014-01-21%20at%2010.51.31%20PM.png]

(01-21-2014 05:16 AM)Han Wrote:  I think suggestion #1 (in both the program editor and command line) as well as other features such as line numbers, text coloring in the program editor (and maybe even in the on-calc Help), etc. have been mentioned back in the old forums. I hope that the devs get a chance to put those in for the next firmware -- these would certainly be welcome changes.

The text coloring I think is a bit too much work for a minor update, it would be nice anyway.

01-22-2014, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 02:10 AM by Han.)
(01-22-2014 01:54 AM)eried Wrote:  The text coloring I think is a bit too much work for a minor update, it would be nice anyway.

It would make reading code on the calculator much easier (e.g. when a string begins and ends). That said, I do most of my programming on a computer anyway. Now, if the conn. kit editor had a better choice of fonts (and worked a bit better)...

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
01-22-2014, 02:20 AM
(01-22-2014 02:09 AM)Han Wrote:  
(01-22-2014 01:54 AM)eried Wrote:  The text coloring I think is a bit too much work for a minor update, it would be nice anyway.

It would make reading code on the calculator much easier (e.g. when a string begins and ends). That said, I do most of my programming on a computer anyway. Now, if the conn. kit editor had a better choice of fonts (and worked a bit better)...

Well, yes, I usually prefer to use the calculator itself when programming (with the 50g too), but the Prime for the moment is too unreliable, 1 error, all programs get deleted and selecting text is so clunky and unintuitive.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)