Arbitrary integer constant ?
08-30-2015, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2015 05:16 AM by aiden.)
Arbitrary integer constant ?
Hi,
I'm a looking for symbol regarding arbitrary integer constant in prime hp.

let me give an example for your understanding, (* ti cx has arbitrary integer constant symbol, "n" in the system)
sin (pi/2 * n + pi/4), when n = arbitrary integer constant

Please help me out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Arbitrary integer constant ?
Take any variable that is not a HOME variable and run assume, for example
assume(n,integer)
09-01-2015, 01:35 PM
(08-30-2015 06:37 AM)parisse Wrote:  Take any variable that is not a HOME variable and run assume, for example
assume(n,integer)

thanks!!
09-04-2015, 05:51 PM
How did you ever figure this out,? It does not appear to be documented. integer likewise does not show up in the catalog.

Without you pointing this out, I would have never been able to figure this out. What other keywords are available for use with the assume() command?
09-04-2015, 06:31 PM
The HP CAS documentation is not as complete as the Xcas documentation, especially compared to Xcas French documentation. BTW, if someone speaking natively English would is interested to translate the Xcas French doc, please contact me!
09-04-2015, 06:40 PM
(09-04-2015 05:51 PM)pwarmuth Wrote:  How did you ever figure this out,? It does not appear to be documented. integer likewise does not show up in the catalog.

Without you pointing this out, I would have never been able to figure this out. What other keywords are available for use with the assume() command?

Not so much help but a pointer, the on-calculator help for additionally() has the specific reference to assume(n,integer)

Code:

Syntax: additionally(Expr) 
Used in programming with assume( ) to state an additional assumption about a variable.
Example: assume(n,integer); additionally(n>5); ➔ [DOM_INT, n]

the on-calculator help for assume() states
Code:

Syntax: assume(Expr) 
Make an assumption on a variable. 
Example: assume(a>0) ➔ a . Now solve(a^2=9,a) will return {3} instead of {-3,3}.

Cheers, Terje
09-04-2015, 06:48 PM
(09-04-2015 06:31 PM)parisse Wrote:  The HP CAS documentation is not as complete as the Xcas documentation, especially compared to Xcas French documentation. BTW, if someone speaking natively English would is interested to translate the Xcas French doc, please contact me!

I sent you a PM.
09-04-2015, 09:25 PM
(09-04-2015 06:48 PM)pwarmuth Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 06:31 PM)parisse Wrote:  The HP CAS documentation is not as complete as the Xcas documentation, especially compared to Xcas French documentation. BTW, if someone speaking natively English would is interested to translate the Xcas French doc, please contact me!

I sent you a PM.

...but assume and additionally are described in the user guide, in the english one on pages 414 and 415 and there is about, which is not in the manual, and purgte. So you do for example
assume(r,float)
additionally(r>0)
perform what you what
about(r) delivers detailed information about r
purge(r) frees that declaration

Arno
09-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Well, I had good intentions but I did not realize that the docs were multiple documents and that some of them are over 800 pages. I've got spare time, but not that kind of time. ABBYY FineReader does a good job of french OCR, but outputting technical formatting like that is not its strong suit and the product of running that text through a translator, even a professional one, is cringe worthy. If I spoke french fluently I'd be more able to help out.

I tried. Sad If I have some sort of breakthrough with this I'll update, but for now I don't expect much.
09-04-2015, 10:18 PM
(09-04-2015 09:25 PM)Arno K Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 06:48 PM)pwarmuth Wrote:  I sent you a PM.

...but assume and additionally are described in the user guide, in the english one on pages 414 and 415 and there is about, which is not in the manual, and purgte. So you do for example
assume(r,float)
additionally(r>0)
perform what you what
about(r) delivers detailed information about r
purge(r) frees that declaration

Arno

Now I'm embarrassed. RTFM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)