Emulator: is Copy/Paste accessible?
08-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Emulator: is Copy/Paste accessible?
The pdf describes using Shift/Copy to cut and paste code between programs within the App.

Is this data in a private space within the emulator, or should it be accessible from the OS clipboard (for posting here, importing to a Quickoffice document, etc )?

So far whatever I have cut in a Android might be filling my phones memory, but it can't be seen

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Emulator: is Copy/Paste accessible?
If you enter something on the command line, then select [Shift] [View], and from the soft menu choices select [All], type [cntrl] [C], the command line info will then be available to paste elsewhere.
Find all posts by this user
08-29-2015, 06:18 PM
(08-29-2015 03:38 PM)DrD Wrote:  If you enter something on the command line, then select [Shift] [View], and from the soft menu choices select [All], type [cntrl] [C], the command line info will then be available to paste elsewhere.

That suggests to me that the PC version uses a shared clipboard, if I understand you correctly. On the Android it seems different: after cutting some text in SMS, then subsequently Shift/Copying a program: Both pasting in SMS and pasting in Quick-office restore the cut SMS text. Wherever the program has been cut to, it is clearly not accessible!

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect importing a library program is also unlikely to work using this method.

08-29-2015, 06:44 PM
i can now confirm that Shift/Paste shows some App stuff, NOT the SMS text that can still be pasted outside the a App.

So using Shift/Copy to copy a program here or Shift/Paste to copy a program from here does not seem a useful approach.

In the 1980s typing in BASIC programs from listings used to be a popular pastime. :-(
Computers weren't as portable then but at least they used to have a QWERTY keyboard.

08-30-2015, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2015 01:34 AM by Tim Wessman.)
(08-29-2015 06:44 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  So using Shift/Copy to copy a program here or Shift/Paste to copy a program from here does not seem a useful approach.

The system clipboard is accessed in the slideout menu from the right. I know there is a paste there, but not certain if there is also a "copy". The copy on the VIEW button is only for the application and does not tie in to the system clipboard.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
08-30-2015, 08:25 AM
(08-30-2015 01:34 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(08-29-2015 06:44 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  So using Shift/Copy to copy a program here or Shift/Paste to copy a program from here does not seem a useful approach.

The system clipboard is accessed in the slideout menu from the right. I know there is a paste there, but not certain if there is also a "copy". The copy on the VIEW button is only for the application and does not tie in to the system clipboard.

Thanks for that. When I first glanced at that it didn't seem useful, but I had another go and it works. There is a Copy and a Paste.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)