HP Nano Processor
08-05-2015, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 02:15 AM by Paul Berger (Canada).)
HP Nano Processor
For anyone interested in the nano processor which was a control processor designed in the early 1970s that was used in some HP desktop machines as well as instruments. I was given a document called "Nano Processor User's Guide" by its creator Larry Bower. A scan of this document is available at Some of the listing in the document are not good as they where already quite faded in the original document.
Hmmmm well this is very odd if I attempt to include it using the "link" button or even as plain text the forum software seems to put extra characters into the link, copy the text below into uRL input field of your browser adding an 'h' at the beginning.

ttps://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwZMBH1UdIEYfkZsMllIRFN2TlowY0JzLXNGbnFtMGhyVDNKUHU0Y3VwREVmVWVfb​FdEelk&usp=sharing

Paul.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 01:38 AM by Katie Wasserman.)
RE: HP Nano Processor
Paul,

This sounds interesting but the the link to your scanned document is not working.

Thanks,

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2015, 01:39 AM
Hello Paul,
Thank you for sharing, but the link is not working.
Sylvain
08-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Wow, Paul, that will be terrific! The Nano Processor was used in all sorts of things, even including HP Logic Pulser probe - using a programmable device to create different pulse trains would be trivial today but unusual for such a slim device in the 1970s.

Larry Bower was the source of many amazing things in Santa Rosa's Instrument Division (later split into Network Analysis and Signal Analysis divisions; now the headquarters of Keysight Technology, HP's electronic test and measurement spin-off). He designed, laid out and built his own high-end 6502 based computer for fun from scratch in parallel with the Apple ][, wrote code for same and generally kept us junior engineers in awe. I've long wanted to know about the Nano Processor and look forward to reading what he sent.

Many thanks again -
08-05-2015, 02:12 AM
The link from this page seems to work. It doesn't when placed here directly.

Weird.

- Pauli
08-05-2015, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 02:19 AM by Paul Berger (Canada).)
Yes I posted it on the hp_agilent_equipment yahoo newsgroup as well since that is where I originally obtained the document. See my updated post at the beginning, the forum software seems to be messing with the link.

Paul.
08-05-2015, 02:36 AM
The yahoo link worked, thank you!
Sylvain
11-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Thanks

Gérard.
11-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Hi,

can someone please give me a copy of this document (if still possible to obtain it), as at the time of writing both links are not working (adding an "h" at the beggining of the Google Drive link to complete "https://" did not work, and the second link is unusable as the Yahoo Groups service is now defunct).
I would be very grateful to get a copy.
Thank you for your attention and I wish everyone a good day.
11-06-2021, 10:11 AM
(11-05-2021 08:12 PM)niccan Wrote:  
Hi,

can someone please give me a copy of this document (if still possible to obtain it), as at the time of writing both links are not working (adding an "h" at the beggining of the Google Drive link to complete "https://" did not work, and the second link is unusable as the Yahoo Groups service is now defunct).
I would be very grateful to get a copy.
Thank you for your attention and I wish everyone a good day.

Maybe this one?

Got it from Wikipedia's Reference n°5.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2021, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2021 03:59 PM by Paul Berger (Canada).)
It is also available at:
http://www.hpmuseum.net/document.php?catfile=901
I have also encountered it in other places where it had obviously scrapped from a location I had directly contributed it to. Unfortunately it appears Google drive files disappear and the yahoo group migrated to a groups.io group some time ago. As a last resort you can ping me I still have the original and a copy of the scan.

Edit:
Well it appears that maybe Google drive things don't disappear I found the message that I had posted on the old Yahoo group with became HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment@groups.io message 70764 and much to my surprise the link posted there still works, but when I try to post it here it will not work for some reason.

Edit 2:
I now know why it does not work, when I use the link Icon at the top of the edit page to insert the link it seems to add 3 unprintable characters into the string that prevent the link from working,if I try to insert the link as plain text the editor seems to recognize that this is a link and messes it up by inserting these three unprintable characters.

Paul

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)