Precision of root in Solve App
08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Precision of root in Solve App
I have noticed that the value of a root in Numerical view or the sovle app is carrried out to only five places even though the Info box shows a full 12 place result. This is a problem if I want to copy and paste the root value with full precision to the stack.
The Vars key menus don't appear to hold the root value as a variable in the Solve app. Is there a reason why the solution is rounded to 5 places in the Solve app or is there some setting that can expand the number of decimal places to 12?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Precision of root in Solve App
I checked out the solve app on the emulator and I see 12 digits. When I put a calculated answer on the stack I also see 12 digits.

If you provide a specific example and possibly a screen shot, so the issue can be repeated, it would help determine a solution.

Road
08-04-2015, 03:56 PM
You most likely have either your system settings at 5 digits, or 5 digits in you *app* settings. Check shift-SYMB to see what it says there.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-04-2015, 07:28 PM
(08-04-2015 03:56 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  You most likely have either your system settings at 5 digits, or 5 digits in you *app* settings. Check shift-SYMB to see what it says there.

Thanks Tim. I had the app settings on standard. I set it on System and it now displays the full 12 digits.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)