Hp prime Copy and pasting problems
08-07-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Hp prime Copy and pasting problems
(08-07-2015 02:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Yes, there appears to be another issue related to digit grouping.
While that isn't an excuse for me forgetting to shoot a message to you, I hope you understand it wasn't an intentional slight or anything. I try my best, but unfortunately I am only one sad little human with too much passion for what he does. Sad

Hello Tim,
many thanks for the quick and detailed response!
I did not mean to annoy you, the issue should remain visible only.
There are more sensible ways to report bugs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2015, 03:29 PM
(08-07-2015 02:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Yes, there appears to be another issue related to digit grouping.

I do not spend my day hanging out on this forum and responding to everything. There are many other things consuming my time each day. My managers and the organization as a whole does highly regard the direct interactions we can have with real end users though, and so I am directed to monitor and interact with people in groups as _part_ of my daily responsibilities.

Also note that part of the conditions in being allowed to participate anywhere online according to HP's "social media policy" is to "avoid confrontations and heated discussions". Thus if there is loudness in the thread, the chances of me sticking my foot in anywhere heads downwards rather quickly. I also don't respond or interact with people that are normally hostile or seeking conflict for the same reason. It just isn't allowed.

As for the Instruction thing Arno, I do apologize for not shooting you a note. It was entered in with a "investigate this and categorize it" tag back when you brought it up. However, especially right after a release the chances of it being looked at and resolved immediately are quite low. I usally try to respond to something once it has been verified one way or another.

Usually, there are already many things underway in preparation for future product/updates/activites and time is not being spent at that moment in looking at potential issues. Being right in the middle of the whole company split thing also has created a lot of internal chaos in the form of additional work, moving offices, moving test labs, personnel changes, IT changes and so on for the company as a whole.

While that isn't an excuse for me forgetting to shoot a message to you, I hope you understand it wasn't an intentional slight or anything. I try my best, but unfortunately I am only one sad little human with too much passion for what he does. Sad
Hello Tim,
with my posting above I did not directly address you, but thank you for your answer, better late than never. I have put that program aside for the moment and wait for future releases, hoping for a fix. For that reason I asked for a sticky thread, therein links to posts describing bugs could be posted and erased after they are fixed. I don't like that tricider-site by eried.
Good to know that there are some persons dealing with bugs.
Thanks
Arno
08-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Thanks. Note that I wasn't complaining at your or anyone directly - i was just trying to explain what might be going on and some of the limitations I work under.

Always, the absolute best way to get a response it to call in and complain at support. Barring that, a public post is a good way to get an issue addressed as we do actively monitor.

Hopefully, at some point in the future a public bug tracker can be hosted. I'd like that personally, but don't know if there will still be policies against that sort of thing.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Serendipitous that Arno K's thread

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-418...=bug%3F+in

receives an answer in this thread while his own thread is left dangling.
08-07-2015, 05:20 PM
(08-07-2015 03:45 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  Serendipitous that Arno K's thread

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-418...=bug%3F+in

receives an answer in this thread while his own thread is left dangling.
You could set a link ?
08-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Yes, I could...Or you could...Or someone actually involved in answering Arno K's problem could...

My attention for the Prime is small & surely my meddling isn't up to the Herculean task of straightening it's problems, so for now I'll fade away...

I'd be more pleased to get a solution to this

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4458.html

as long as we're crossing threads...
08-07-2015, 06:36 PM
(08-07-2015 05:21 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  So, pr011235, you have announced a bug & no one says thank you.

Could you, John Colvin, try the procedure in posting #5 & see if you replicate the results both pr011235 & I obtained?

Does cyrille de brebisson's "It should work fine ...." express his belief the correct results should be returned or that he actually took out the calculator & tried to accomplish the actions you describe?

Disappointing that other members neither corroborate nor refute the bug - perhaps they're so used to the presence of multiple problems they take no notice? Or perhaps no one has time for difficult operations such as you describe?

All in all a sad state of affairs & the bug will remain unknown.
I replicated the problem/bug using four-digit numbers. As the subsequent posts have stated, removing digit groupings from Settings allows copy and paste of four and larger digit numbers to the Stats App. Should work with digit grouping though.
08-08-2015, 05:00 AM
Thanks for going to the trouble, John, but given Thomas' precise analysis the matter is now concluded (as far as the Forum is concerned)-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)