FixThatCalc no more?
07-25-2015, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 04:06 AM by lcwright1964.)
FixThatCalc no more?
Greetings all,

This is my first post in a very long time, the first to the new-style forum.

I have noticed that my 42S, which seemed to have some keyboard sensitivity in past months, won't turn on now, even with fresh batteries.

I am no good with DYI, so the first thing I did was send off an email to our friend Randy. He hasn't replied and I noticed that the FixThatCalc.com website hasn't been updated for ages.

Is this eminent service to us no more? I know that Randy was forever deluged with requests, at times shutting down intake until he got caught up. But he used to be excellent about replying to email, especially from repeat customers like me.

Grateful for some insight here. And it is nice to be back Smile

Les Wright
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2015, 03:54 AM
RE: FixThatCalc no more?
Welcome back Les!

There was some discussion here about a year ago that Randy is no longer doing repairs but Bruce Larrabee's service was recommended as an alternative.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2015, 04:05 AM
(07-25-2015 03:54 AM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  Welcome back Les!

There was some discussion here about a year ago that Randy is no longer doing repairs but Bruce Larrabee's service was recommended as an alternative.

Sorry to hear Randy finally got out, though I wondered if he would in time. He did a lot of work for me, often undo my own misguided repair work.

I have emailed Bruce just now. Thank you!

Les
07-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Interesting background, tool & die machinist. Makes sense, since most of the problems with these calcs are mechanical or electromechanical.
Prices seem reasonable, think I'll send him a couple of HP 42S to troubleshoot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)