3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
08-18-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: 3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
Thanks ElectroDuende, I've just ordered four side covers and two port covers, all in black. Unfortunately the 50OFF code seems to no longer work. 33€ with shipping to Spain.

Regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2015, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 05:08 AM by Dave Frederickson.)
Nate recently added some 41CL module covers to his collection.

[Image: clgialla.jpg]

[Image: KGZCrSjuoD5_1pPK7iRkTlDXzyVB6QNFnJ0PfK8U...98-h165-no]

Dave
08-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Just a note that you may find interesting... Shapeways is offering free shipping for all orders above $35 until August 30th.
08-31-2015, 11:10 AM
My parts arrived 3 days ago. They fit perfectly.

They are black, a deep "black hole" or "black body" black. The texture is somewhat powdery, kinda of porous.
08-31-2015, 11:47 PM
I hope this isn't a problem but I've struck out using the forum Search function (and Google, too!).

To wit, does anyone know of a 3d model for the Spice series battery cover? I was lucky to be given a '38C without battery, charger or cover. Two AA alkalines are powering it just fine, but a cover would be nice. We have three Makerbots at work so printing should be easy.

Many thanks!
09-01-2015, 01:37 AM
(08-31-2015 11:47 PM)Jim Horn Wrote:  I hope this isn't a problem but I've struck out using the forum Search function (and Google, too!).

To wit, does anyone know of a 3d model for the Spice series battery cover? I was lucky to be given a '38C without battery, charger or cover. Two AA alkalines are powering it just fine, but a cover would be nice. We have three Makerbots at work so printing should be easy.

Many thanks!

Jim - I believe aj04062 3D-printed these in the past, check with him. No idea if the model he used is compatible with other systems, etc. but at least its a start.

And if you do come up with something that works, I, and likely a few others here, would like to know how to get 1 or 2 as well.

--Bob Prosperi
09-01-2015, 04:33 AM
Thank you for the reply, Bob - I've sent email asking for details.

If I should be fortunate enough to find such a 3D model, I'll try it on our ABS capable Makerbot. Once that works, I'll be happy to send more to those on this forum who need them.

Back in the day, we were excited to open these machines and understand them at all. Who would have thought we'd be 3D printing replacement parts!
09-01-2015, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 12:15 PM by isanchez.)
Hi Jim,

I would be very interested in a couple or three of these spice battery covers.
Also, classics would be fine! I suppose they are more cokmplex, due to the mobile small parts...

Please, keep me informed of your progresses.

Kind regards

Ignacio
09-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately, the above mentioned Spice battery cover 3D model appears to have been lost. As I have no cover from which to create a model, I'm stuck for now. If anyone does have one and can create such a model, please let us know.

Many thanks!
09-15-2015, 08:39 AM
(08-04-2015 03:37 AM)Nate Martin Wrote:  I am currently printing my second HP-71b front port cover on my home 3D printer and hope to refine it over the new week or two
hi nate, what software are you using? any suggestions?
i was using freecad for the FRAM71 bezel, but once all subassemblies in the models got merged, i couldn't find a way to dis-assemble and modify parts of the subassemblies. i'm going to re-do the whole model to have more freedom for modifications.

hans
09-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Hello

I have one HP-33 at home (Obrigado, Gerson) and work on a daily basis on Creo (former Pro/ENGINEER, parametric 3D CAD software). If you are not in a hurry to get your 3D printer Spice battery covers, then I could find time to create a CAD model that you could send to a 3D printer. I know that STL format is used, or also STEP, but I can offer a full range of format, just let me know.
This is something I did some years ago when creating a full 3D model of my newly acquired HP-41C, that I presented in this forum.
Kind regards.
09-15-2015, 11:27 AM
(09-15-2015 11:17 AM)Jean-Michel Wrote:  eating a full 3D model of my newly acquired HP-41C, that I presented in this forum.
Kind regards.

Were you referring to this?

Thanks for that!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Yes, Massimo, exactly.
Actually, I was too lazy to dig into the old forum to find the link...
Thanks for having done the job.
At the time, this model was created with SolidWorks.
02-05-2023, 04:14 PM
Hi, I'm interested in printing the Battery N cells cover, but I can't find the dual coils springs anywhere (all the previous references in this thread are no longer working). Any reference? I'm in Spain, so I'd rather prefer to find them in Europe or even better Aliexpress if available, but if anyone has a good name or reference, it would help finding them. Thanks in advance.

My calculator collection
02-05-2023, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2023 07:09 PM by Divasson.)
Sorry for the plug: you can find the springs here (¡en España!)

http://www.thecalculatorstore.com/HP41c-...der-spring

The springs are also valid for the Spice AAA adaptor and the Woodstock adaptor.

Best regards
02-05-2023, 07:28 PM
(02-05-2023 07:09 PM)Divasson Wrote:  Sorry for the plug: you can find the springs here (¡en España!)

http://www.thecalculatorstore.com/HP41c-...der-spring

The springs are also valid for the Spice AAA adaptor and the Woodstock adaptor.

Best regards

Gracias Jose. Thanks, that's indeed the piece I'm looking for (x2), but I feel this one is overpriced (of course, I might very well be wrong), more when I need to add 8,50€ of local shipping just for a couple of springs. For now, I'll keep looking. In case I don't find any alternative, you'll hear from me Wink

My calculator collection

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)