3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
07-20-2015, 06:13 PM
3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
Before I set out to create my own:

Has anyone designed battery packs and covers for the classic series. and/or the combo packs/covers for the woodstocks?

I know about http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194323
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2015, 06:41 AM
RE: 3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
(07-20-2015 06:13 PM)John Ioannidis Wrote:  Before I set out to create my own:

Has anyone designed battery packs and covers for the classic series. and/or the combo packs/covers for the woodstocks?

Sorry to highjack your thread but, I'm interested in these specific parts... has anybody printed those covers and battery trays for HP41? how good are they?
07-21-2015, 11:56 AM
hp*classic* sold side port covers and battery holders for hp41 some time ago. Excellent parts. He or she is not active there at the moment, but maybe you can contact him anyway.

Best regards,

Werner
07-21-2015, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 03:19 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
(07-21-2015 11:56 AM)Sadsilence Wrote:  hp*classic* sold side port covers and battery holders for hp41 some time ago. Excellent parts. He or she is not active there at the moment, but maybe you can contact him anyway.

Best regards,

Werner

Download the models, upload them to Shapeways. Buy your parts. I've already loaded the models into my Shop along with the FRAM71 bezel. Smile

Here are some prices:

[Image: wwcPVX4-iXE-D2vaTapaWm2AMBhK_lDEas67u_FA...40-h791-no]

Dave
07-21-2015, 04:55 PM
Shapeways prints objects in *high* quality compared to home 3d printers

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2015, 08:28 PM

The battery pack, yes, but I don't know about the back cover. Making replacements for 82001 Classic Battery
07-21-2015, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 11:26 PM by aj04062.)
I used to make the battery cover latches for the Classics. Plastic was okay, but when my inexpensive source (CAD reseller) stopped representing the printer line, my reasonably priced parts went away. That's when I gave up selling them.

The CAD model is pretty good though. Might need to file with a nail file to slide easily.

I'd be interested in the 71B front port covers.
07-22-2015, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015 07:44 AM by isanchez.)
Hi,

may I suggest to reproduce the battery cover for the spice series?....I have a couple of them without and many are offered also with the missing cover...(spice models are always a headache! ;-D)

Kind regards

Ignacio
07-22-2015, 10:58 AM
What I would also love is a charger for woodstock battery packs.

Yes, I am aware that was actually available from HP...
07-22-2015, 11:46 AM
(07-22-2015 10:58 AM)Harald Wrote:  What I would also love is a charger for woodstock battery packs.

A convenient way for external charging of battery packs are multifunction chargers, used for RC etc., e. g. Skyrc iMax B6. Charging "adapters" can easily be build with help of small neodym magnets, as charging current ist not very high.
07-22-2015, 08:53 PM
I have an HP-25 with a battery cover that has become detached from the main bit the batteries used to sit in. So a 3D model for a 25 would be most welcome.
07-22-2015, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 12:24 AM by Dave Frederickson.)
The HP-41 parts referenced in the first post were made by forum member Nate Martin.

HP-41 module covers and side port cover

If someone would like to get his permission I can make the parts available for purchase (no markup!) for the cost of materials and shipping.

AND it would appear that Mr. Martin is the proud owner of a FRAM71. I think we have a candidate to model the front port housing! Smile

Dave
07-23-2015, 04:26 AM
(07-22-2015 10:19 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  The HP-41 parts referenced in the first post were made by forum member Nate Martin.

HP-41 module covers and side port cover

If someone would like to get his permission I can make the parts available for purchase (no markup!) for the cost of materials and shipping.

AND it would appear that Mr. Martin is the proud owner of a FRAM71. I think we have a candidate to model the front port housing! Smile

Dave

Hey, you got it! (my permission to use the models I uploaded to thingiverse).

I had not realized I needed to model the FRAM71 front port housing? Let me research the question and what I need to do.

Nate
07-24-2015, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2015 04:31 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
(07-21-2015 06:41 AM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  

Sorry to highjack your thread but, I'm interested in these specific parts... has anybody printed those covers and battery trays for HP41? how good are they?

Here you go:

Click me
[Image: 9paEUMtunZG8aEScSyQXjeJAvOk8YOmdxdY2jjJ_...35-h592-no]

The prices are not marked up. You only pay for materials and shipping.

Thanks to Nate Martin for creating the models and making them available.

As for how good they are, Nate says that the parts made on his old MakerBot 3D printer work OK, but since the parts have never been printed by Shapeways I'm putting them in the Beta category. If folks report that the quality is good I'll remove them from Beta. Smile

Dave
07-24-2015, 07:52 PM
(07-24-2015 04:07 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Thanks to Nate Martin for creating the models and making them available.

As for how good they are, Nate says that the parts made on his old MakerBot 3D printer work OK, but since the parts have never been printed by Shapeways I'm putting them in the Beta category. If folks report that the quality is good I'll remove them from Beta. Smile

Thanks Nate & Dave,

I will order some parts tonight and will publish the pictures when I have them.

Best regards,

Sylvain
07-25-2015, 02:16 AM
(07-24-2015 07:52 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(07-24-2015 04:07 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Thanks to Nate Martin for creating the models and making them available.

Thanks Nate & Dave,

I will order some parts tonight and will publish the pictures when I have them.

Best regards,

Sylvain

I just added a bunch of colors. I just expected everyone to want the parts in black, but I had a request for other colors, so don't be surprised when Sylvain shows up to HHC with a color-coordinated HP-41. Smile

Dave
08-02-2015, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 04:43 AM by Monte Dalrymple.)

Dave

Mine arrived today. I would rate them pretty good overall. The finish is flat, so it doesn't match the slight sheen of the original. The "handle" on the Port cover protrudes out from the calculator more than the original and doesn't go to as close to the ends of the port cover as the original. The side cover is more difficult to insert than the original because the material seems stiffer (or perhaps just thicker.) Overall fit is excellent.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2015, 03:37 AM
Whoo Hooo!

BTW - I am currently printing my second HP-71b front port cover on my home 3D printer and hope to refine it over the new week or two
08-05-2015, 03:06 PM
(07-24-2015 04:07 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  The prices are not marked up. You only pay for materials and shipping.

Thanks to Nate Martin for creating the models and making them available.

Dave

Many thanks Dave and Nate.

I've just ordered a complete set (4 port covers, side cover and battery tray) taking advantage of a discount coupon available on facebook (50OFF; suposedly gives you 50%off, but it gave me about 25%... not sure why;sent the guys an email).

I'll take a couple of weeks to reach this side of the Athlantic, hopefully I'd have changed the flex circuit (thaks Diego!) in my tall keys by then...

Will tell you all my impressions!
08-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Here's a source for battery contacts, thanks to Sylvain.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)