Casio FC-200 Financial Consultant
03-19-2023, 11:17 AM
RE: Casio FC-200 Financial Consultant
Hello fellows,
I've a question for you experienced guys... I'm trying to get the maximum of my fc200 and I observe some limitations or even missing info in manual:
How can I call one program inside other program?
When I insert "Prog 0" in prog 1 the error comes after "0" indicating that syntaxes is correct but no "exe" command to go ahead and this should be a usefull feature to work with subroutines.

Follow my pseudo-random # function based in hp (seed in A with initial value: 0.5284163)

Frac (Ax997)->A

Regards
Samy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2023, 12:44 PM
(03-19-2023 11:17 AM)Samy Wrote:  Hello fellows,
I've a question for you experienced guys... I'm trying to get the maximum of my fc200 and I observe some limitations or even missing info in manual:
How can I call one program inside other program?
When I insert "Prog 0" in prog 1 the error comes after "0" indicating that syntaxes is correct but no "exe" command to go ahead and this should be a usefull feature to work with subroutines.

Follow my pseudo-random # function based in hp (seed in A with initial value: 0.5284163)

Frac (Ax997)->A

Regards
Samy

The fc-200 doesn't allow for subroutines, unfortunately. The fc-1000 added this capability (as well as something resembling indirect addressing using the cashflow registers). If you want a non-financial counterpart to the fc-200 that does support subroutines and has more memory, pick up an fx-4000p.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2023, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2023 08:31 AM by Csaba Tizedes.)
On my 3650P (which is more limited, but there is no GSB/RTN also), I solved it with the following structure:

Code:

Gto 0:

Lbl 9:
  // Subroutine commands from here
If M=8 Then Gto 8:
If M=7 Then Gto 7:
Gto 6

Lbl 0:
  // Main program from here
... 8 Sto M:Gto 9:Lbl 8: ...
... 7 Sto M:Gto 9:Lbl 7: ...
... 6 Sto M:Gto 9:Lbl 6: ... // 6 or anything else, but not 8 or 7

On 3650P it is important to place the subroutine at the beginning of the program (instead of the end), because there is no Stop or End command and the Main program can't stop at the beginning of subprogram.

It is possible to place jump after the subroutine if you place it at the end of the program, but it is consumes one Lbl (which is limited up to 10).

One question/hint: in SD or LR mode the stat registers are accessible for STOre values directly? I mean -10 STO n ?! If it is possible, you can make loops in SD/LR without using other variables (I hope stat modes don't uses the A~Z variables). If you use DATA in these modes, the n is increasing automatically and you can check where it is reached the zero or any value (If n=0 Then end of the loop).
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)