Can prime run Android system?
06-24-2015, 08:32 AM
Can prime run Android system?
Hello everyone,My English is not good,I have a question,Can prime run Android system?Thank you very much。

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2015, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 09:45 AM by debrouxl.)
RE: Can prime run Android system?
FWIW, I already sent a note about the Prime to the person who ported that extremely old Android version (1.6 !) to the Nspire CX (CAS) platform, a while after standard Linux was ported Smile

Besides the older Nspire Clickpad (CAS) and Touchpad (CAS) with a terrible monochrome screen, and the Nspire CM-C (CAS), the Prime is the only other calculator on the marketplace which might be able to run severely outdated Android versions (anything newer is far too heavyweight for our weak calculator platforms)... if said versions can cope with only 32 MB of RAM.
If 64 MB of RAM is a must, then no dice for anything but the Nspire CX (CAS). And I'll lament once more that the fact that the versatility of the '2013 Prime is hampered by having less RAM than the '2011 Nspire CX (CAS).
06-24-2015, 08:45 PM
(06-24-2015 09:43 AM)debrouxl Wrote:  FWIW, I already sent a note about the Prime to the person who ported that extremely old Android version (1.6 !) to the Nspire CX (CAS) platform, a while after standard Linux was ported Smile

Besides the older Nspire Clickpad (CAS) and Touchpad (CAS) with a terrible monochrome screen, and the Nspire CM-C (CAS), the Prime is the only other calculator on the marketplace which might be able to run severely outdated Android versions (anything newer is far too heavyweight for our weak calculator platforms)... if said versions can cope with only 32 MB of RAM.
If 64 MB of RAM is a must, then no dice for anything but the Nspire CX (CAS). And I'll lament once more that the fact that the versatility of the '2013 Prime is hampered by having less RAM than the '2011 Nspire CX (CAS).

Simple English summary: No.

--Bob Prosperi
06-29-2015, 03:52 AM
(06-24-2015 08:32 AM)dajiang1314 Wrote:  Hello everyone,My English is not good,I have a question,Can prime run Android system?Thank you very much。

No, but there is an official Prime app on Android, on the other hand.
This makes it necessary to own the hardware version of the Prime only because of exams requirements.
06-29-2015, 07:08 AM
(06-29-2015 03:52 AM)vido Wrote:  This makes it necessary to own the hardware version of the Prime only because of exams requirements.
OTOH, due to the requirement for dedicated and certified hardware calculators like the Prime exist in the first place.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)