41z module "NO LIBRARY"
06-26-2015, 04:18 AM
41z module "NO LIBRARY"
I recently discovered the existence of the Ángel's 41z module for the 41c. (I also found Sandmath, but 41z seems far easier to explore first.)

I (sadly) don't have a 41c, so I'm running an emulated i41cx on an iPad. Upon initialization, i41cx downloads a huge collection of modules. Since I don't actually own a 41c, it's not a calculator I'm as familiar with as I'm with, say, the 42s, the 34s, or the RPL machines 28/48/49/50. However, I don't think I'm doing anything obviously wrong, at least as far as I can tell from the 41z manual. Other people have reported running 41z just fine in this forum.

I've run into a show-stopping issue. I'm loading 41z into port 1 (ports 2-4 empty). When I do that, the calculator display reads "NO MODULE". Whatever ZANYTHING function I try to execute (e.g., a simple ZENTER^), I get the error message "NO Z-STACK". So, clearly, something goes wrong from the very beginning, as announced by the "NO MODULE" message.

Just to make sure, I re-downloaded all the modules to ensure I have the latest version (actually, there are two versions of the 41z module, one called 41z and another 41z4, but "NO MODULE" happens with either). I also believe I have the latest version of i41cx---I updated the app just a day or two ago.

Perhaps somebody can confirm this behavior, or help me out, please?

Thanks,
SN
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: 41z module "NO LIBRARY"
You need to have Library-4 loaded in Page 4.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2015, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 11:26 AM by Ángel Martin.)
Yes you need the Library#4 installed (i.e. plugged) into port-4; I don't know how that'll be done on i41CX but I assume there is a way to do it?

Once that's out of the way you need to power-cycle the calculator so that the z-Stack buffer is created. Alternatively you can execute the function "-HP-41Z" (the name includes the hyphen) which basically does the same thing.

Good luck, a treasure trove awaits you ;-)
06-27-2015, 01:23 AM
(06-26-2015 11:25 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Yes you need the Library#4 installed (i.e. plugged) into port-4; I don't know how that'll be done on i41CX but I assume there is a way to do it?

Very easy,
a) start the i41CX+ application
b) tag in the LCD region (to go to the configuration display)
c) press the small gear at the right bottom (to go to the setting display)
d) activate the "use module page"
e) press done (to go back to the configuration display)
-> at this point you should now see the module pages screen with the current pages used and by what
f) press one of the four module slot at the top (to activate the page/module selection display)
g) for each module you want to activate
-> select the page at the left
-> then the module you want at that place at the right
-> the press "Select"
h) when complete then press "Done" (to go back to the configuration display)
i) press the top middle to go back to the calculator display
Voilà c'est fini! 8-)
Sylvain
06-27-2015, 01:42 AM
(06-26-2015 11:25 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Yes you need the Library#4 installed (i.e. plugged) into port-4; I don't know how that'll be done on i41CX but I assume there is a way to do it?

Great, it worked! I wouldn't have been able to figure that out alone, (I don't see any mention of Library#4 in the 41Z manual...)

Gracias,

SN
06-27-2015, 01:47 AM
(06-27-2015 01:23 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  

Very easy,
a) start the i41CX+ application
b) tag in the LCD region (to go to the configuration display)
c) press the small gear at the right bottom (to go to the setting display)
d) activate the "use module page"
e) press done (to go back to the configuration display)
-> at this point you should now see the module pages screen with the current pages used and by what
f) press one of the four module slot at the top (to activate the page/module selection display)
g) for each module you want to activate
-> select the page at the left
-> then the module you want at that place at the right
-> the press "Select"
h) when complete then press "Done" (to go back to the configuration display)
i) press the top middle to go back to the calculator display
Voilà c'est fini! 8-)
Sylvain

9 easy steps... ;-)

Actually, loading Library#4 was no problem---I just had no idea it was needed as a prerequisite to 41Z.

Merci,

SN
06-27-2015, 02:19 AM
Here is the procedure to create your own custom module library on Dropbox

a) If not already done, create a Dropbox account on the their web site
-> optionnaly: download, install and configure their Dropbox application on your computer

b) Create a folder where you would put all the module files in your Dropbox account.
-> I have created a "i41CX+" folder in my root folder of my Dropbox for that
c) download, install and configure the Dropbox application on your iDevice from AppStore
d) Upload the ".mod" files that you want to transfer on your iDevice (iPod/iPhone/iPad)

e) tag in the LCD region (to go to the configuration display)

for each module you want to download do the following ...
g) select "Import..." option on the right wheel (to go to the download screen)
the first time only
-> press the "More ..." option
-> activate the "Dropbox" location
-> press done (to go back to the download screen)
h) select the "Dropbox" (you should see your dropbox folder list)
i) select the folder where you have put your modules (mine is "i41CX+")
j) select the module file you want to download (to go back to the page/module selection display)

Then follow the previous procedure to activate your modules

Have fun!

Sylvain
06-27-2015, 02:21 AM
(06-27-2015 01:47 AM)supernumero Wrote:  9 easy steps... ;-)

LOL

(06-27-2015 01:47 AM)supernumero Wrote:  Actually, loading Library#4 was no problem---I just had no idea it was needed as a prerequisite to 41Z.

Great! 8-)
06-27-2015, 11:38 AM
(06-27-2015 01:42 AM)supernumero Wrote:  Great, it worked! I wouldn't have been able to figure that out alone, (I don't see any mention of Library#4 in the 41Z manual...)

From page 7 of the manual: (available at TOS)

"This new revision benefits from the usage of Library#4 – a dedicated ROM packed with MCODE routines used frequently and repeatedly by several other modules (SandMath, PowerCL amongst others). Library#4 is located in page 4, and must be present on the system for this version of the 41Z module to work properly. All interaction occurs behind the scenes and transparently to the user.

There is a Library presence check made upon the Calculator ON event, showing an error message if it’s not found - but otherwise the library is completely invisible to the user. Refer to the appropriate instructions manual for installation details. For compatibility reasons, make sure you have revision “H” or higher of the Library#4 ROM."
06-27-2015, 02:31 PM
(06-27-2015 11:38 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 01:42 AM)supernumero Wrote:  Great, it worked! I wouldn't have been able to figure that out alone, (I don't see any mention of Library#4 in the 41Z manual...)

From page 7 of the manual:

"This new revision benefits from the usage of Library#4 – a dedicated ROM packed with MCODE routines used frequently and repeatedly by several other modules (SandMath, PowerCL amongst others). Library#4 is located in page 4, and must be present on the system for this version of the 41Z module to work properly. All interaction occurs behind the scenes and transparently to the user.

I was referring to the 41Z manual---the quote above is from the Library#4 manual. Until now, I didn't even know about modules having other prerequisite modules... (I'm an HP41 beginner.) Thanks!

SN
06-27-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2015 09:59 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(06-27-2015 02:31 PM)supernumero Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 11:38 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  From page 7 of the manual:

I was referring to the 41Z manual---the quote above is from the Library#4 manual. Until now, I didn't even know about modules having other prerequisite modules... (I'm an HP41 beginner.) Thanks!

SN

Not so. The quote above is from the 41Z manual.

http://hp41.claughan.com/file/41z_44%20Manual.pdf

.\
06-29-2015, 01:55 PM
(06-27-2015 09:56 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 02:31 PM)supernumero Wrote:  I was referring to the 41Z manual---the quote above is from the Library#4 manual. Until now, I didn't even know about modules having other prerequisite modules... (I'm an HP41 beginner.) Thanks!

SN
Not so. The quote above is from the 41Z manual.

For some reason, I had an (obviously outdated) version of the 41Z manual, dated October 2011. I don't remember where I downloaded it from---it wasn't from TOS. I guess I was just making things harder for myself. Apologies!

SN
06-29-2015, 03:11 PM
(06-29-2015 01:55 PM)supernumero Wrote:  
(06-27-2015 09:56 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Not so. The quote above is from the 41Z manual.

For some reason, I had an (obviously outdated) version of the 41Z manual, dated October 2011. I don't remember where I downloaded it from---it wasn't from TOS. I guess I was just making things harder for myself. Apologies!

SN

No problem - there have been several revisions of both the module and the manual. For obvious reasons only the Library#4-based version has the reference to the library#4.

This is the one to use, as it has a more powerful function set and implements the exponential integrals based on the Complex Hypergeometric function.

ÁM.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)