Scratched screen
04-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Scratched screen
My question has nothing to see with calculators but being related to small electronic device, may be sbdy would have an advice.
Got a GPS device for trekking that has a badly scratched screen. It is actually just the thick transparent plastic surface that was scratched, the screen behind is ok. Does anybody know a way to somehow polish the scratch or fill it to attenuate the effect?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Scratched screen
(04-22-2015 01:10 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  My question has nothing to see with calculators but being related to small electronic device, may be sbdy would have an advice.
Got a GPS device for trekking that has a badly scratched screen. It is actually just the thick transparent plastic surface that was scratched, the screen behind is ok. Does anybody know a way to somehow polish the scratch or fill it to attenuate the effect?

Displex screen scratch remover works quite well - note that there are different formulas for different screen materials (plastic, glass, etc). Nice demo here.

Also, Katie recently recommend Novus, but read the full thread here

--Bob Prosperi
04-22-2015, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2015 03:20 PM by Tugdual.)
Thanks Bob pretty amazing video....
I heard a long time ago that it was also possible to do that with toothpaste?
08-28-2015, 02:36 PM
(04-22-2015 01:47 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Thanks Bob pretty amazing video....
I heard a long time ago that it was also possible to do that with toothpaste?

I did use toothpaste to remove a scratch on an old flat screen TV. It did take off the anti-glare coating, but the image was minty fresh. Smile

Brasso has also been reported to be successful in removing scratches from iPod screens and other devices.

Dave
08-28-2015, 05:14 PM
PolyWatch
(04-22-2015 01:10 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  ... badly scratched screen. It is actually just the thick transparent plastic surface that was scratched, the screen behind is ok. Does anybody know a way to somehow polish the scratch or fill it to attenuate the effect?

There is a compound sold in small tubes for polishing acrylic watch crystals. I just used it yesterday to remove marks from a calculator's screen cover.
PolyWatch polish

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)