WP-34S pre-made
06-14-2015, 02:53 PM
WP-34S pre-made
I was wanting to purchase a pre-made WP-34S but have had some trouble finding someone supplying one. The supplier on hpcalc.org seems to only sell blemished ones at the moment.

Does anyone have a good source to share?

Thanks for your patience!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: WP-34S pre-made
(06-14-2015 02:53 PM)kevinvinv Wrote:  I was wanting to purchase a pre-made WP-34S but have had some trouble finding someone supplying one. The supplier on hpcalc.org seems to only sell blemished ones at the moment.

Does anyone have a good source to share?

Thanks for your patience!!
Did you try going directly to this page?
http://commerce.hpcalc.org/34s.php
06-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I did go there but when I click "Add to Cart" it does not seem to add the actual item. ... so then I found the listing of all devices for sale and only the discounted one is present... ? Plus there is this message about not shipping until June 10th and an email to the seller has gone un-replied for a few days... so i was nervous anyway Smile
06-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Kevin;

I got one of Eric's "blemished" 34s units as a door prize at the last HHC in Reno. I'll believe him that it has a problem somewhere but I sure can't find it.

About his response time; He may have schedualed this time to be away on vacation or he might have known he'd be working too much to do this right now. I can swear that this is not the only iron he has in the fire ;-)

BTW: If you do get one from him, you can also buy a spare keyboard overlay in case yours ever wears out (I've used one on a 20b for 3 years and it's fine) or if you find a 30b someday and want to try flashing your own.
06-14-2015, 04:16 PM
OK thanks for the info. I appreciate the testimonial too.
07-27-2015, 01:53 AM
(06-14-2015 03:59 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  Kevin;

I got one of Eric's "blemished" 34s units as a door prize at the last HHC in Reno. I'll believe him that it has a problem somewhere but I sure can't find it.

About his response time; He may have schedualed this time to be away on vacation or he might have known he'd be working too much to do this right now. I can swear that this is not the only iron he has in the fire ;-)

BTW: If you do get one from him, you can also buy a spare keyboard overlay in case yours ever wears out (I've used one on a 20b for 3 years and it's fine) or if you find a 30b someday and want to try flashing your own.

I have only ordered the overlays from Eric, but I sure can vouch for him. Sometimes things take awhile, but like a lot of folks in this subspecialty area he is a one-man act and does other stuff to.

I am not good with tech stuff from the hardware side, but even I have had no trouble flashing my own. If you can still get the cable (Gene Wright used to supply them, but probably not for ages) and the serial-USB converter that Eric sells (I tried another and no dice), it is really quite easy.

Les
11-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Hi,

Try here, "TheCalculatorStore". Eric Rechlin now don't sell. My first WP34s was bought in Eric, my second in this site.

Hope I've helped.

Gérard.

Gérard.
11-22-2015, 11:26 PM
I was also looking for a WP-34s ... unfortunately also at TheCalculatorStore it says "Currently unavailable" :-(

I'd sure go with a "blemished" one as well, as my main calculator is the WP-31s, but those seem to be gone as well at commerce.hpcalc.org.

-Greg
11-23-2015, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 05:18 PM by 2far.)
Update: after I was looking to acquire a wp-34s for a while now (the usual sources, including ebay), and then posted the message above, I found one on ebay (no crystal). The seller now offers r3815 instead of r3678, upon my request.

I'll report after receiving the item, in two weeks or so.

-Greg
12-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Update: So I got my wp-34s now from Singapore, it is in flawless shape, sticker blue and green color a bit dark, but nice texture (you can still get the "original" stickers from hpcalc.org for $6). I am getting another wp-31s from him now (paid around $80 each, including international shipping), but then I've got enough calculators for two hands ... until the 43s ;-)

Generally this guy would flash the hp 30b, but -- as everybody else -- he has difficulties acquiring those calculators. There is a batch of 15 "used/like new" ones on amazon.com for $25 a piece right now, but since I'm getting mine I didn't bother to check further.
12-06-2015, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 12:07 PM by emece67.)
(12-06-2015 05:50 AM)2far Wrote:  Generally this guy would flash the hp 30b, but -- as everybody else -- he has difficulties acquiring those calculators. There is a batch of 15 "used/like new" ones on amazon.com for $25 a piece right now, but since I'm getting mine I didn't bother to check further.

Amazingly, such $25 for a 30b translate to €25 in the German Amazon site, and €47 in the Spanish site. Even more amazingly, the German (and USA, and UK, and...) site refuses to ship to Spain. As all we know, between Germany and Spain there are no customs, the currency is the same and the VAT is almost the same.

A huge flop that Amazon does now have an Spanish branch. In the same league as the eBay global shipping service.
12-06-2015, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 01:17 PM by walter b.)
+1. You probably know that Amazon originally was to be named Relentless which would suit its business far better. And eBay Global Shipping makes buying in the US of A unaffordable meanwhile (normal international postage from there to e.g. Europe is less than half of eBays demand, but since many inhabitants there don't know and don't bother and seem to have little idea how a post office looks inside Confused and how easy international shipping is, eBay can rip off both sides). Sad I don't bid on US auctions anymore - don't want to promote/support such practice.

d:-(
12-06-2015, 04:44 PM
(12-06-2015 12:06 PM)emece67 Wrote:  ..... the German ..... site refuses to ship to Spain. As all we know, between Germany and Spain there are no customs, the currency is the same and the VAT is almost the same.
A huge flop that Amazon does now have an Spanish branch. In the same league as the eBay global shipping service.

emece; Does shipping cost vary by region or distance within the EU? It does inside the states. The only mailing I did when I crawled through Europe was postcards home.
12-06-2015, 08:42 PM
(12-06-2015 04:44 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  emece; Does shipping cost vary by region or distance within the EU? It does inside the states. The only mailing I did when I crawled through Europe was postcards home.

I do not know in detail what the post services cost on each EU country, but they are definitely different, although (I think) comparable. In any case, the prices I've posted are without shipping. The shipping cost reported by amazon.es is €2.99, and that on amazon.de is €3.50.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)